New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I suspect that my car has a damaged CV joint because I always here a grinding noise at the wheel area, only when I make a turn though.

Is it dangerous to drive if this defect remains as is? Is there a possibility that I will lose control of steering of the wheels?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Have it fixed ASAP. It'd be dangerous for you to driving aroud with a defective CV. Once the CV and bearings give way, you'd loose much of your control over steering - as I've experienced 1st hand with an old ride. Good thing I was just making a u-turn in front of my house. Had it happened on the freeway....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya pa siguro ng repack yan. Pag mag tama na may "tok" "tok" sound na yan when turning.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir malamang nasira na yung boots na nakatakip sa gulong nyo kaya tumapon ang grasa

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Have it fixed ASAP. It'd be dangerous for you to driving aroud with a defective CV. Once the CV and bearings give way, you'd loose much of your control over steering - as I've experienced 1st hand with an old ride. Good thing I was just making a u-turn in front of my house. Had it happened on the freeway....
    Delikado pala. Thanks for the advice.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you use it too much the bearings could come lose and possibly pop out or break off.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    if you use it too much the bearings could come lose and possibly pop out or break off.
    sir speedy CV joint ba prob ng ride ko,kasi may parang tok-tok sound sa front pag dumadaan ako sa mga humps or konting lubak,ala naman sound pag nag u-turn ako,tnx,in case cv joint nga,mga how much po kaya para sa 1st gen crv,tnx

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i doubt it's a cv joint. malamang it's the stablinks. pero better to have it checked para sure.

Constant Velocity Joint