New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga tol tama ba formula ko to compute for the overall wheel diameter?

Tire width * Aspect ratio = Tire sidewall height
    Tire sidewall height * 2 + Wheel diameter = Overall wheel diameter

i was wondering kase ano sukat ng mags at goma ang equal sa stock ng altis which is 195/60 R15.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just google for a 'tire calculator' to solve your worries. :D

The rough computation is section width X aspect ratio (in percent). So 195 X .60.

The answer you will get is sidewall height.

Sidewall height X 2 + rim diameter will give you overall diameter.

But nothing beats actually taking a tape measure and measuring the actual tire installed on the actual rim.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just google for a 'tire calculator' to solve your worries. :D

The rough computation is section width X aspect ratio (in percent). So 195 X .60.

The answer you will get is sidewall height.

Sidewall height X 2 + rim diameter will give you overall diameter.

But nothing beats actually taking a tape measure and measuring the actual tire installed on the actual rim.
    thanks, i found this site http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp.
    tires measuring 245/45 R16 would be slightly bigger sa stock ng altis. may ganto ba sukat dito sa pinas?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Very hard to find tires in that size... and they're usually sports tires, which cost quite a bit.

I'm also pretty sure 245's will rub on the fender liners when you're turning, unless you have the proper rim offset. You'll also probably need to make sure you have a 7" or 7.5" wide rim for that. 245s won't fit well on your regular 6" wide rim.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Very hard to find tires in that size... and they're usually sports tires, which cost quite a bit.

I'm also pretty sure 245's will rub on the fender liners when you're turning, unless you have the proper rim offset. You'll also probably need to make sure you have a 7" or 7.5" wide rim for that. 245s won't fit well on your regular 6" wide rim.
    ano ang recommended tire width para sa altis? i'm looking at 17 rims sana eh. do you think this will work? 215/45R17

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    215/45/17, 215/50/17 kasya sa altis. 225/45/17 pwede rin ata.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    215/45/17, 215/50/17 kasya sa altis. 225/45/17 pwede rin ata.
    ayos! thanks for the info. balak ko pa lang kase bumili bago oto, hndi ma ma-void yun warranty pag pinalitan ko ng mags?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Kung may Java Runtime yang PC mo, i-try mo ito Tire Size Calculator. May kasamang pictures para mas ma-visualize mo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They'll void your mags warranty. The suspension warranty is supposedly voided, but that's a wear item, anyway, and the warranty on suspension components is often very short, unless there's an internal memo regarding premature failures of certain parts.

Bigger mags will definitely wear out bearings and bushings faster, but not at an appreciable rate, and not enough to be worrisome. Mas malaki pa ang effect ng potholes at bumps kaysa sa mags.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They'll void your mags warranty. The suspension warranty is supposedly voided, but that's a wear item, anyway, and the warranty on suspension components is often very short, unless there's an internal memo regarding premature failures of certain parts.

Bigger mags will definitely wear out bearings and bushings faster, but not at an appreciable rate, and not enough to be worrisome. Mas malaki pa ang effect ng potholes at bumps kaysa sa mags.
    ok gets. so mas maganda pala antayin ko muna mag-expire warranty ng suspension bago magpalit ng magz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
compute for overall wheel diameter