New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just purchased a 09 Camry 2.4 last Feb. and around 2 months ago, I noticed a loud clicking sound coming from the brake pedal everytime I run the car for the first minute or 2. It occurs everytime I start the car anytime of the day and travel for a few hundred meters. I brought it to the casa and yet, they told me it was normal, which i think is not true since this sound never occured when I bought the unit. Ang nakakainis pa sa casa, they road tested the car for 20 kms (as seen in the odometer) just to tell me that they could not located the problem and so, it's just normal.

Any thoughts on the possible problem? I remember experiencing a loud "thug" noise in the brake pedal as I was going down an incline just after starting the car. After that incident, the noise would always occur without fail. tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you had the calipers checked for loose nuts and bolts? baka nandun lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Will ask the casa to do it. thanks for the advice. Hindi kaya sa brake master?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mizuno View Post
    I just purchased a 09 Camry 2.4 last Feb. and around 2 months ago, I noticed a loud clicking sound coming from the brake pedal everytime I run the car for the first minute or 2. It occurs everytime I start the car anytime of the day and travel for a few hundred meters. I brought it to the casa and yet, they told me it was normal, which i think is not true since this sound never occured when I bought the unit. Ang nakakainis pa sa casa, they road tested the car for 20 kms (as seen in the odometer) just to tell me that they could not located the problem and so, it's just normal.

Any thoughts on the possible problem? I remember experiencing a loud "thug" noise in the brake pedal as I was going down an incline just after starting the car. After that incident, the noise would always occur without fail. tia
    What's the mileage on your ride? You know brake pads are designed to have like an irritating noise like a screeching sound or like what you said a click to alert the driver to replace it when its worn already. Baka manipis na ung break pad. Do you do long drives? Or it could be a leak somewhere in your brakelines that will cause noises also coz your losing break fluids if that's the case.

Clicking sound coming from brakes?