New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi, i was wondering if someone would be able to help me..

a couple of days ago, pumunta ako ng baguio... as i was driving sa nlex/sctex.., i noticed that at 100km/hr eh kumakanan ung kotse pag binitiwan mo ung steering wheel..

i was surprised kasi it was the first time i drove consistently at that speed, and normally hindi naman siya nag sswerve...

so pumunta ako ng casa yesterday, explaining to them what i experienced, and sabi sa akin ng lead mechanic, eh normal daw ung kumakanan ung car, dahil at 100km/hr "RAPID" na daw ung takbo, so hindi na efficient ung alignment... sabi rin nila, to determine that the alignment is OK, eh hanggang 40-60km/hr lang dapat ung speed, and dapat hindi nag sswerve ung vehicle...

I was also thinking, na i had a lot of luggages with me, and i also had another person sa passenget seat.. so baka un ung nakaapekto sa swerving, kasi considering the size of a chery QQ car, so sobrang gaan niya, having extra load on either side of the car could also affect the stability at high speeds..

please advise me what could have really happened.. thanx! ( dapa ko ba ipa-align ung gulong)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Your lead mechanic is telling you that you are the stupidest person he has ever known.

Seriously, next time you see him, give him an uppercut.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pwede ba yung reasoning ng mechanic?

bakit sa mga rigs namin kahit 120kmh halos di kumakabig.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Even at 200, you're not supposed to experience that. It's terribly dangerous.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alignment and camber yan bro...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suggest you try driving your car again with less load. The relatively heavy load (for a small car) could have affected your steering geometry, especially if one side was loaded heavier.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With a car as small as the Chery, any load will affect balance slightly. If your car is aligned to drive straight with just you in it, having a 200 pound passenger in the front right seat will alter the steering geometry. Even more so because the Chery's springs are so soft.

Usually, for very small cars with very big drivers, they won't steer right unless they're aligned with the driver sitting in the car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    With a car as small as the Chery, any load will affect balance slightly. If your car is aligned to drive straight with just you in it, having a 200 pound passenger in the front right seat will alter the steering geometry. Even more so because the Chery's springs are so soft.

Usually, for very small cars with very big drivers, they won't steer right unless they're aligned with the driver sitting in the car.
    +1 Case in point: http://canwest.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...Object=3475882

Hilarious!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yeah, saw that one last week.

Quite funny how she said that the suggestion for her to sit in the car during alignment "hurt". Like, hell, lady... whenever we have a suspension problem that we can't trace on the machine, that is always the solution. Replicate the regular load of the car and see how the suspension reacts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanx sa mga nagreply actually i had the car alinged yesterday., mukhang malaki ang naging improvement specially at high speeds...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Chery QQ 1.1MT.. Swerving Problem