New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks jut, tawagan ko Tom. Feeling ko Sa blumetritt mas mura ng 200-300 siguro pero baha pa yata sila : grin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Onga eh tingin ko baha pa rin gusto ko sana pumunta dun hanap ako mags meron na ko bibilhan ng gulong eh

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir Shadow, replaced the stock Bridgestone Turanza ER30s (Stock on 06-07 FDs) on our 06 FD with Kumho Ecsta KU31.

Quieter and rides better than both the A. Drive (Stock on the 08-2011 FD) and the Turanza. The turning in of the tire feels slightly less agile (based on steering wheel feel) than both the Yokohamas and the Bridgestones when you snap the steering wheel but the tires feel very stable either way.

Haven't tried any of these tires at the limit but I drive very spiritedly when the road opens up and neither tire (A Drive / ER30 / KU31) is very bad in terms of grip.

Yun nga lang, rotational yung tire.

Based on the reviews, the grip is good pero (relatively) mabilis *daw* mapudpod. The old ER30s lasted us for for almost 40K KMs of city driving. I *expect* these tires to last just about as long.

Got it at ~4700-4800 per tire at Tire Depot SM Megamall. Tires were slightly more expensive (Roadstar Makati quoted me at 4500-4600) but the tires were newer (2012 production date).

I highly recommend the Kumhos if you don't mind the tires being rotational.
    Last edited by mda; August 9th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *mda: So natuloy pala yung KU31 mo. Glad you're enjoying them. Interesting observation with the turn-in, parang di ko ata napansin yun. Di ko na maalala yung sa stock Dunlop SP Sport 01 so I can't compare anymore.

Ako rin naka Ecsta SPT KU31. Happy user right here.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    *mda: So natuloy pala yung KU31 mo. Glad you're enjoying them. Interesting observation with the turn-in, parang di ko ata napansin yun. Di ko na maalala yung sa stock Dunlop SP Sport 01 so I can't compare anymore.

Ako rin naka Ecsta SPT KU31. Happy user right here.
    Yup, forgot to thank you for the input hehe. Factored in a lot when we finally made the purchase

All things aside and assuming the tires last anywhere near as long as the last set, it's a lot of value for money.

The Cheapest Yokohama A. Drives (I canvassed) cost around P5,300 (plus I couldn't find a set of A. Drives with a more recent production date. Panay January-Feb 2011 yung prod date nung naghanap ako - Minor niggle lang pero we tend to keep our cars long and only take short trips so the tire manufacture date is important for me; FYI our Camry's stock/rear set of Yokohama ASPEC umabot ng 9 years at makapal pa hehe). The Bridgestone ER30s cost in the 6-7K range per tire na ata.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No need to thank me, thank Kumho for making good value tires haha.

Mahal talaga ng Bridgestone, not worth it as replacement tires.

5.2k sa DKC yung A.Drive, just checked now. Wasn't able to ask about the Ecsta. Kung 500-600 cheaper per tire, malaking tipid na rin yun.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    bought bridgestone turanza er370 sa intensity tire supply at cubao, 4.6k kasama na alignment. dont know kung mahal or mura kasi inquired dkc at other tire store sa marikina 4.7k ang bigay sa akin. so siguro mura na dun.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Sirs ask ko lang okay din ba bumili sa tirecenter ba yun? O mahal dyan? Meron kasi dito sa sm molino bagong bukas sila.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macfoto View Post
    bought bridgestone turanza er370 sa intensity tire supply at cubao, 4.6k kasama na alignment. dont know kung mahal or mura kasi inquired dkc at other tire store sa marikina 4.7k ang bigay sa akin. so siguro mura na dun.
    What size sir? Malaki difference sa presyo ng tire kung mas malaki/maliit yung size ng rims.

When I quoted for our FD, the size is for a 205/55/R16 91V.

Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Sirs ask ko lang okay din ba bumili sa tirecenter ba yun? O mahal dyan? Meron kasi dito sa sm molino bagong bukas sila.
    If you're talking about Tire Depot, they sell their tires at a premium, and wala silang machine na pang-align ng car. Had the car then aligned sa Bridgestone Chino Roces.

The only reason I bought from them was because they had the newer production date of tires. Wala na akong mahanap na ibang nagbebenta ng 2012 production date KU31 (for those who travel long distances very often and use their tires really fast, this doesn't really apply). Otherwise, sa iba talaga ako bibili.
    Last edited by mda; August 9th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ER370 yung stock tires ng Jazz (both 1.3 and 1.5) and ng facelifted City 1.5 E, so baka 175/65 R15 or 185/55 R16 yang tinitingnan niya.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Cheapest store to buy tires?