New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    yung OEM is 195/60R15. Ano ba difference ng ganitong size as compared to 195/55, 195/50, or 205/50. How do I know if it'll fit or sasagi yung gulong sa ibang components ng suspension?
    Ano ba mga key points in considering changing the tire size. Sometimes when I ask kasi di daw yung 195/60. Not changing rims for now.

O, and ok ba yung falken ze-512 ? I'm considering this or yokohama es100s.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    195 stands for the width of the tire in mm.
    60 stands for the percentage/ratio of the sidewall height against the tire width (in this case, the sidewall height is 60% of the tire width)
    15 stands for the diameter of the rim

so, as against your 196/60R15, the 195/55R15 is shorter, the 195/50R15 is much shorter, and the 205/50 is slightly wider and slightly taller.

as to what the optimum tire size is, let's assume that the tires that come stock with the car are of the right size. so as much as possible, try sticking to that size. if you want to change tire sizes, just make sure upon installation that when you turn your steering wheel, no part of the tire touches a part of the chassis or suspension, and that the new tires fit the wheelwells and don't touch them even if your car's fully loaded.

here's the link to the tire size calculator. if you do plan on ch
    http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    salamat. the tirecalculator was really helpful. I guess kailangan talaga patesting on the spot to check the fittings.
    Nakuha ko na measurements for each size. The 205/50 actually came out smaller.

Sa website available naman sa 195/60 tong 2 choices ko, hope it's available locally.
    Yung falken may kakilala kasi kaming nagbebenta, yung yokohama naman naghahanap ng makikilala para makamura. :mrgreen:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29, very nice info.

Ito kasing XTO ko, nabili ko 2nd hand. The first owner changed the rear tires to 205/70R15. The front & spare tires are of stock size 205/60R15. Would you advise na ibalik ko sa stock size or lahat na lang gawin kong 70? What brand of tire would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TEAL
    IMm29, very nice info.

Ito kasing XTO ko, nabili ko 2nd hand. The first owner changed the rear tires to 205/70R15. The front & spare tires are of stock size 205/60R15. Would you advise na ibalik ko sa stock size or lahat na lang gawin kong 70? What brand of tire would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
    imho, stock tires and wheels are chosen by the manufacturer to better achieve the maximun comfort and ride of the vehicle. changing your tires/wheels would have some good or bad effect depending on what tires/wheels you are gonna put.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes I agree, blitz. Just wanna know kung ano effect (good and/or bad) nung 70 ang rear tires ko & 60 yung front tires besides having a spare tire smaller than my rear tires. Moreover, doon sa tire calculator ang assumption is 4 tires ang magbabago ng size. In my XTO's case, rear tires lang ang binago, different brand pa. Peace!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong car ba? galant?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    anong car ba? galant?
    Isuzu Crosswind XTO:D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by blitz
    imho, stock tires and wheels are chosen by the manufacturer to better achieve the maximun comfort and ride of the vehicle. changing your tires/wheels would have some good or bad effect depending on what tires/wheels you are gonna put.
    yup, sacrifice ride comfort with performance :cool:

icon, If I were you, Id pick Yokohama AVS-ES100 over Falken ZE-512. I used to have the ZE-512, slippery IMHO and noisy. Whereas, my current Yokohama AVS-ES100 is sticky and a great all-season tires. This is the latest tire model that Yokohama released in late 2002.

just my

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by TEAL
    IMm29, very nice info.

Thanks in advance.
    sir u now what our tire is 205/65 r15 yokohama is 4 ply only kaya yun binilhan mo naglagay ng 205/70 r15 para tumaas ng kaunti and to make it 6 or 8ply.
    hanap ka na lang ng tire na may 6 or 8 ply and same size then trade mo na lang yan old tire mo. yan balak ko sa akin pag nag kapera ko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
changing tire size