New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    tanong ko lang po kung delikado yung sobrang soft na nung suspension sa rear?
    kasi almost 230,000kms na yung mileage nung b14 ng erpats ko....

thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sounds to me like you need a shock absorber replacement. Does the rear end bounce?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the shocks are busted, the springs will be affected. and yes, since your odo is really too high, i think your shocks are really busted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Sounds to me like you need a shock absorber replacement. Does the rear end bounce?

yup., esp. when engaging a humps...mga 2 to 3 bounces...minsan nga nilalaro ko nalang eh., binobomba ko yung rear(trunk)...hehe..lambot

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You definitely need a shock absorber replacement then.

Busted shocks are bad because they can negatively affect your car's ride and its braking ability. Because there's nothing to dampen the excess "boinging" motion of the springs, your car has to take a longer distance to come to a complete stop.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    How's the ride height? If the height is lower than when it was still new, it could also mean that the springs have gone saggy. New springs will help stiffen it up while the new dampers would get rid of the bouncing.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    busted shocks can cause wheel cupping - alon alon ang upod ng gulong. this can oftentimes be confused with faulty wheel bearing kasi umuugong ang cupped wheels, minsan gumagaralgal ang driveline kala mo me tuloy me diprensya tranny kahit wala. don't ask me why i know... :P

i've suffered from heavily cupped wheels because of neglected shocks replacement. mahirap makabawi sa cupped wheels. at times, it can't be recovered and needs wheel replacement agad. in my case, buti nalang makapal pa goma kaya pwede pa mahabol, but it will take sometime to even things out.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    How's the ride height? If the height is lower than when it was still new, it could also mean that the springs have gone saggy. New springs will help stiffen it up while the new dampers would get rid of the bouncing.
    That's true as well. Spring sagging happened to our eight-year-old AE101 Corolla before we sold it. Just a function of carried weight, metal fatigue and gravity, really.
    Last edited by Type 100; May 22nd, 2009 at 09:12 PM.

change soft suspension