New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Curious lang ako. Kelan ba dapat pinapalitan ang brake at power steering fluids?

Thanks. :?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Based on the manuals of our cars... usually every 40K (this is what i follow). Kung nababaha lagi yung car and is driven under extreme condtions... pwede earlier.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    roydok,
    Brake and clutch fluid should be replaced every 2 yrs regardless of kms travelled since this fluid absorbs moisture, which can cause rusting and leaks on brake/clutch cylinders.

PSF can be replaced every 40k km but if used often on rough terrain then change at 20k km. Better yet, switch to synth ATF and leave it for 50k km+.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi,

if i want to change the brake, power steering and transmission fluids, can it be done in a normal gas station? mahal kasi pag sa casa mo pa ibabalik e. i figured i can just bring the fluids and have them replaced sa shop or gas station.

what do you think?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the gear oil (transmission and differential) make sure the oil available is what your manufacturer recommends.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for honda cars:

- clutch/brake fluid - 40T km
    - manual trans fluid - 20T
    - automatic trans fluid - 40T
    - power steering fluid - 40T
    - radiator coolant - 40T (models below 2001); 120T for 2001 and above models
    - differential fluid - 40T km

Change Schedule for Brake and Power Steering Fluids?