New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Guys help po! hindi daw po kasi na aajust and camber nang rear 2nd honda crv. yung tires po kasi sa rear passenger side upod na yung inner part pero sa driver side ok pa naman. saan po kaya ang problem?(spring, shock, bushing, etc) stock height po yung sasakyan

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbogus3000 View Post
    Guys help po! hindi daw po kasi na aajust and camber nang rear 2nd honda crv. yung tires po kasi sa rear passenger side upod na yung inner part pero sa driver side ok pa naman. saan po kaya ang problem?(spring, shock, bushing, etc) stock height po yung sasakyan

mrbogus,
    your honda engineers are not that dumb not to provide for alignment correction. look for a shop with certified technicians who knows what they are doing. don't go to a confused amateur. if no other shops can provide you with this service, take the car back to your dealership service center. there are only these factors for your rear steering and suspension:1- ride height,2-camber, 3-toe, 4- setback. out of all the listed factors, only the toe is the most dominant cause for your inner tire surface wear, that is your wheel number four( counted clockwise from front left to right and rear left to right) is toed out maybe from an accident, or impact from hitting a pothole on the road or hitting a road bump. have your suspension checked for bent linkages, bad wheel bearing/adjustment and adjust/correct your toe.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dalhin mo kay speedyfix. i'm sure you need to replace a suspension part.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    crv is slghtly tow out by design. this give's more stability during curvings like some german cars. it can be corrected by inserting a spacer somewhere (i don't know what it's called). it was expalined to me by 2 mechanics. one has done the correction twice while the other was an ex-honda service engr.

the thing if you correct it to save on tire, you loose the stability as the rear tires spreads further out when car get's more load at the back. i have 2 crv, but i'd keep it as is and just rotate the tires to balance up the wear. when i say rotate, the inside i bring it out too.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    crv is slghtly tow out by design. this give's more stability during curvings like some german cars. it can be corrected by inserting a spacer somewhere (i don't know what it's called). it was expalined to me by 2 mechanics. one has done the correction twice while the other was an ex-honda service engr.

the thing if you correct it to save on tire, you loose the stability as the rear tires spreads further out when car get's more load at the back. i have 2 crv, but i'd keep it as is and just rotate the tires to balance up the wear. when i say rotate, the inside i bring it out too.

macsd,
    you're right on most part. european cars are negative cambered on the rear tires (wheels 3 and 4) for european roads which are mostly snake roads and curvy and the high speed like the autobahn. but the most predominant factor of premature inner tire wear on wheels 3 and 4 is the, no guessing and i am sure 99% is the improper toe of the wheels 3 and 4. manila does not in any way compare to the autobahn and on the major highways are mostly straight or slightly curved and flat most of the time. unless the car is driven on high speeds(z-rating of the tires), then the slightly negative camber on wheels 3 and 4 will have a drastic effect on the tire wear. check for toe is what i would recommend. the vehicle is 4 wheel independent suspension. the rear wheels are not traditional solid axle type and more susceptible to changes from bad roads or bad driving habits or a combination of both,
    jick

camber rear passenger wheel