New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just noticed... that the power steering mechanism buzzes / vibrates / hums during the first few minutes of driving the vehicle - whenever the steering wheel is turned.

It is especially audible when taking a corner slowly.

But the said symptom disappears after driving down the highway.

What gives?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Happened to me as well. Pag medyo matagal na i-drive medyo nawawala na. Had the P/S pump overhauled. It's been 2 weeks since, so far ok pa naman. Kung bumalik ulit, I'm thinking baka ung mga hose na may problema.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    check the steering belt sir..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to note... pina check ko lang sa speedyfix... may leak yung power steering ko... nakaka pagtaka lang eh hindi bumabawas sa reservoir ng power steering fluid...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    naku sakit sa ulo ang PS leak, ok lang kung hoses pero pag yung mga parts located inside sakit sa ulo

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to have the same problem in my previous car when the power steering fluid was leaking out. The steering would "hummm" a bit loud whenever the PS fluid was low.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I used to have the same problem in my previous car when the power steering fluid was leaking out. The steering would "hummm" a bit loud whenever the PS fluid was low.
    I have the same problem with mine, how much did it cost you to fix it?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had to replace the entire hose... costs a few thouasnd pesos... forgot the exact amount.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I had to replace the entire hose... costs a few thouasnd pesos... forgot the exact amount.
    thanks sir!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... hindi naayos sa speedyfix yung problem... puntahan ko pa later kung ano ang diagnosis nung mga mekaniko.

saan kayo nagpa overhaul ba ng PS pump?

yoko kasi sa casa... for sure ang recommendation agad niyan eh replacement ng bagong pump! sakit sa bulsa!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Buzzing Power Steering