New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I need to replace my front tires (rear wheel drive car). These are the candidates:

Bridgestone Potenza AR10
    Goodyear Assurance FuelMax
    Michelin XM1
    Pirelli P6
    Yokohama C.Drive2
    Dunlop LM703

I'm looking for wet/dry traction and cornering stability. Which one do I get?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not choose the same tire brand/model as the ones used for your rear?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Broken size mags. 15x6 fronts, 15x8 rears

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    Broken size mags. 15x6 fronts, 15x8 rears
    Again... why not choose the same tire brand/model as the ones used for your rear?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    The company that makes my rear tires didn't have the foresight to make one in a size that'll work for my fronts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The company that makes my rear tires didn't have the foresight to make one in a size that'll work for my fronts.
    Oh..bummer.

And what brand/model tires you have at the rear?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Nitto NT555R drag radials.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I need to replace my front tires (rear wheel drive car). These are the candidates:

Bridgestone Potenza AR10
    Goodyear Assurance FuelMax
    Michelin XM1
    Pirelli P6
    Yokohama C.Drive2
    Dunlop LM703

I'm looking for wet/dry traction and cornering stability. Which one do I get?

I have tried the Dunlop LM703 before. Great in the dry. Average in the wet. Progressive grip at the limit in cornering. Has a rim guard which helps protect expensive alloy wheels.

Yokohama C Drive 2 is great in dry and good in wet. Progressive grip at the limit in cornering. Downside, wears out a bit faster.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Drag radials? On the road? Ought to replace all four tires and use the radials for the track... sayang.

Bridgestone Potenza AR10 - No experience
    Goodyear Assurance FuelMax - Won't balance with the drag radials... these are economy tires.
    Michelin XM1 - Avoid like the plague. Terrible braking, wet or dry
    Pirelli P6 - Too expensive for what you get
    Yokohama C.Drive2 - Good tires
    Dunlop LM703 - Prefer C-Drives, but not bad

If you want something that will balance the grip of your rear tires, Advan Neova AD08s may do, but cost a lot. Also consider Federal 595 RS (not SS or Evo) as these are R-comp tires (cheaper than the Neovas, but treadwear isn't great) and should balance the drag tires well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Nitto 555R's are one of the few drag radials that actually have decent treadlife. Reports say that 15,000 miles isn't unusual. I'm willing to spend but unfortunately, the size I'm looking for (205/65 R15) doesn't have much of a selection. I'd get the Advan Neova in a heartbeat but walang size. Where are the Federal's available??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which tires for performance