New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if it's purely for street use, i suggest you upgrade your brake pads, laki ng improvement sa braking power. tanabe and project mu are good upgrades.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    masmura nga ba dito kesa doon sa germany? hehe saan ba made ang brembo?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    rotors actually hardly make a difference in stopping distances. they are more for dissipating heat/dust more efficiently.

upgrades should always be done in this order: pads, brake lines, brake fluid, rotors

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    come on u guys, don't mock Paulopel (or really his friend) for wanting better brakes. Damn sure i'm not the only one here who can say Honda / Toyota/ Mitsubishi Ph should be castrated for providing puny brakes on their car. I mean really, my Civic ESi has about 10" disk up front and forget about the rear. yes i dare say those are not enough. about 4years ago i almost had an accident after coming down fm. Baguio with 4passengers plus stuff at the trunk. you're driving 140kph and a tricycle got into my lane. That's the time u realize even stock cars (w/measly 120hp) deserves much better bite, eventually i was blessed with good horns and the tricycle swerved out of my way or else i would have hit him. now i know my brakes are only good for hard application about 60kph and below. Only Mazda3 comes with sensibly strong stopping power right-off the factory, kudos to Mazda.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    heavy vehicles or small vehicles w/ heavy loads should have extra braking distance, dpat allowance na un at diskarte na ng driver.

i always adjusted my braking distance when driving our starex before, mahina talaga brake nya tsaka mabigat ang body lalo na kung maraming kargado.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i don't think anybody is mocking him... rather, we're pointing out the best route to take for mods.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    about 4years ago i almost had an accident after coming down fm. Baguio with 4passengers plus stuff at the trunk. you're driving 140kph and a tricycle got into my lane.
    140 kph coming down from Baguio?

that's a good way to end up a fiery wreck on a mountainside...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even if someone has Brembo complete braking system; they should still follow the basic driving guidelines. Allow safe distance and defensive driving. Having a branded braking system doesn't guarantee sure stopping power everytime you need it. There is a great chance that all your expensive mod will go down to waste if those wheels start locking up during ememrgency situations.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama, gusto ko lang malaman kung magkano and where to buy, thanks,
    parakitoJDM no one is mocking me naman, they're helping me pa nga e, thanks anyway.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    heavy vehicles or small vehicles w/ heavy loads should have extra braking distance, dpat allowance na un at diskarte na ng driver.

i always adjusted my braking distance when driving our starex before, mahina talaga brake nya tsaka mabigat ang body lalo na kung maraming kargado.
    on normal situations i agree with that kind of attitude. but wouldn't it be nice to have more reserve (of braking power) when you'r in the mood for sprited driving?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Brembo Brakes