New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I bought that during the last car show at SMX; yung display ng All-inclusive Sales/Williams Parts (NGK, NWB, Bendix, etc.). I can't remember the price but it was pretty well priced.

Aside from that, they have a warehouse in Pasig: Lot 3 Good Harvest Complex, C. Raymundo Ave., Pasig. It's in front of a Shell Station between Stella Maris and Mercedes Ave.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Between this two brands, much better yung prestone, sa national kase madalas ako magpalit ng mga rubber caps dati, compare sa prestone tumatagal yung rubber caps, pero mukhang mas ok yung mga suggestion from above na mga break fluid brands

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    okay rin ba ang brand na ito? saw this one sa ace.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Boiling point mainly. If you're not into performance driving (track days, mountain roads) DOT3 is fine.

*brake fluid, either brand should be okay (although i will still stick with a brand im familiar with). What's important is to change as specified by the owner's manual (or even sooner if you frequent flooded roads) to keep the brake fluid fresh and free from water contamination.

I use Bendix DOT3 right now:
    pwede paghaluin yung DOT 3 & 4 di ba? di lang pwede yung DOT 5.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    pwede paghaluin yung DOT 3 & 4 di ba? di lang pwede yung DOT 5.
    AFAIK, yes.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    okay rin ba ang brand na ito? saw this one sa ace.

MAG1 is a good brand - made in the USA. They produce premium products pegged with affordable prices.

If I were to choose between National and Prestone, I would choose the latter.

But personally, I'd take a look at better brands. Braking is an important part of driving.
    Last edited by kiper; April 2nd, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    MAG1 is a good brand - made in the USA. They produce premium products pegged with affordable prices.

If I were to choose between National and Prestone, I would choose the latter.

But personally, I'd take a look at better brands. Braking is an important part of driving.

Yep, affordable nga. Ito na binili ko hindi naman nagkakalayo ang price ng Mag1 and Prestone. Thanks sir.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Saan po nakakabili nyan at magkano?

Anong brand naman po ito? At saan na rin nabibili at magkano?
    You can buy the Ate brand at Deludor/Euromotors in Libis, Royal Dragon in Linaw st. QC, Rona quezon Ave.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Additional query on brake fluids, mabilis lang ba ang flushing nito? can a mechanic do it sa autoshop? I planned to replaced my brake fluid with a new set of fluid since malapit na mag 40K ang odometer reading.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Bleeding and flushing of brake fluid can take anywhere from 30mins to 1 hour.

You may need to use 4 bottles (2oz) to completely replace all old fluids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Brand ng Brake Fluid- National or Prestone?