New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi guys, my car's rear right yokohama s306 tire got flat. so i replaced it with the reserve tire and went to the nearest vulcanizing shop. upon inspection, the flat tire has already some lumps on it (broken steel belt as per manong), so i was forced to buy on the spot a brand new tire. since i don't have any knowledge on what good tire to buy, i opted for the same brand and model.

however, when i travel * 30-40kph, i can hear a "ugong" sound. sound like that of the replaced tire (with lumps), but not exactly the same sound. is this sound normal on brand new tires? additionally, i would like to prepare to replace all the other tires (since all of them were installed at the same day a few years ago). do you know any reputable tire shop where i can buy and guaranteed brand new (because i'm suspecting that the tire that manong gave me is not a brand new one, or with defect)?

thanks in advance y'all

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    First thing to do is to check the date stamp on the new tire. It might be brand new, but old stock. Link: http://www.ehow.com/how_4778981_read...ate-stamp.html

2nd, it's best to have tires replaced all at once. But as a compromise, they can be replaced in pairs (left and right), with the newer tires placed in front.

brand new tire making "ugong" sound