New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    daan mo sa lubak
    good advice.
    but not too large a lubak. baka ma-deform yung unibody.
    heh heh.

but the guy says, he's been driving it for one to two months now...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    While the car is lifted, have you tried tugging on the front wheels to extend the strut?

If the struts were stored on its side, you may need to prime it by manually pushing and pulling on the rod to the extent of its stops a few times while vertical.

My thoughts are, while lying down in storage, hydraulic fluid could have seeped through to the nitrogen gas chamber or vice versa, preventing it from extending fully on its own.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mist shock absorber are gas charged. These s.a.s extend when released.
    Some shock absorber have plastic bales some have wire bales to hold them compressed to save space for transport and merchandising. Toyota shock absorbers are held compressed by an internal pawl and must be turned about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise to release.

When releasing from compressed shipping configuration, make sure the unit is upright to save time not having to bleed it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    Some shock absorber have plastic bales some have wire bales to hold them compressed to save space for transport and merchandising. Toyota shock absorbers are held compressed by an internal pawl and must be turned about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise to release.

When releasing from compressed shipping configuration, make sure the unit is upright to save time not having to bleed it.
    technical stuff man! are toyota shocks denso too like most of their oe's?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Di ko gets. Gen4 yang vios na yan. Tapos old stock yung shocks?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by techglimpse View Post
    May alam ba kayo technique para magstretch/expand un shock absorber? Matagal na stock un shocks na bago(spare) tapos nung nilagay napansin un shocks hindi na nageexpand. Pag inaangat un car from lifter only rear shocks un bumaba, un front nastuck. See pic for reference

No leak sa shocks
    Original from Casa Toyota
    1-2months na ginagamit ganun pa din

i know this is a stupid question, but...
    are we sure the lift's lifting point wasn't placed under the front shock?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

I have a feeling its for illustration purposes only..

8. Join Date
    May 2014

dapat bro napansin nila ito upon installation
    btw tataka ako, bakit may nag stock ng brandnew shocks; i get it if used but working condish pang reserba, but brandnew hehehe

9. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    good advice.
    but not too large a lubak. baka ma-deform yung unibody.
    heh heh.

but the guy says, he's been driving it for one to two months now...
    nagamit na on a daily basis, tapos tinulak na din sa toyota casa un shocks, nilagay pa lubrication, same pa din

Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post

gen1 vios ko, pic is for reference only

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    dapat bro napansin nila ito upon installation
    btw tataka ako, bakit may nag stock ng brandnew shocks; i get it if used but working condish pang reserba, but brandnew hehehe
    siguro hindi ganun kahalata kapag pinilit talaga mageexpand pero kapag un nalagay na sa car hindi siya un nagbbounce sa front

10. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i know this is a stupid question, but...
    are we sure the lift's lifting point wasn't placed under the front shock?
    yes sure.

sorry what do you mean make unit upright? newbie here

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    While the car is lifted, have you tried tugging on the front wheels to extend the strut?

If the struts were stored on its side, you may need to prime it by manually pushing and pulling on the rod to the extent of its stops a few times while vertical.

My thoughts are, while lying down in storage, hydraulic fluid could have seeped through to the nitrogen gas chamber or vice versa, preventing it from extending fully on its own.
    nakainstall na kasi sa car 1-2 months so im assuming the force and "exercise" is more than enough to expand it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast