New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    hey guys i'm not sure if i posted at the right thread palipat na lang sa mga mods thanks kasi yung car namin when it reached the speed of 80kph then you stepped on the brakes nagvivibrate siya ng grabe just wondering if brakes ba problem nun? thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by the_comet View Post
    hey guys i'm not sure if i posted at the right thread palipat na lang sa mga mods thanks kasi yung car namin when it reached the speed of 80kph then you stepped on the brakes nagvivibrate siya ng grabe just wondering if brakes ba problem nun? thanks guys!
    as usual, year, make, model, mileage. is the car equipped with anti lock brake system?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pag nagvivibrake ang steering wheel or brake pedal during braking usually the culprit is warp rotor discs.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    as usual, year, make, model, mileage. is the car equipped with anti lock brake system?
    chevrolet cassia 2001 model 110,000kms and yes the car is equipped with an ABS and the light is always on

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    chevrolet cassia 2001 model 110,000kms and yes the car is equipped with an ABS and the light is always on
    If the brake light is always on, check the level of the brake fluid in the reservoir. Clean brake pads and shoes, bleed the system and refill with new brake fluid. Visually inspect the rotors to see if they need refacing or replacement (due to warpage).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    same problem with my altis(which is disc front, rear drum) before, about 1 1/2 year ago, my remedy was change all brake pads, clean brake components and flush and bleed brake fluid lines. ayun umayos naman. kapapalit ko lang last 90k km ng brake pads front.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009

have the abs scanned for dtc's (diagnostic trouble codes). check the trigger wheels yourself for embedded debris between the teeth of the trigger wheels and sensors for disconnected wiring or damaged sensors themselves. this is usually caused by a mechanical problem

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    the brake pad has been changed i think last december and the brake fluid is still in the max level so maybe the disc brake is the problem i'll check it if it needs to be replaced

thanks for your inputs guys!

braking problem