New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good Afternoon Tsikoteers, I just want to ask for some help. Here's the story.

Last night while I was driving home from Makati, my brakes became weak all of a sudden. Kadalasan konting apak lang sa brake pedal, I can already feel my car slowing down, but now, kahit i-floor ko yung pedal, hindi gaanong humihinto.

And also, before last night, I can't even floor my brake pedal. Diba dapat hindi ko yun kaya apakan ng sagad? Naapakan
    ko na siya ng sobrang lalim parang clutch na.

I hope you guys can help me. Sobrang kinabahan ako kagabi because I thought wala na akong preno at umuulan pa. Buti na lang I was able to drive home in that condition.

My ride is 95 Civic ESi.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir di ka ba lumusong sa baha

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sir hindi naman. Kahit malakas ulan kagabi wala naman akong nadaanan na baha eh.

Dati lumusong ako but only 1/4 of the tire is submerged. Pero last night I'm 100% sure hindi ako lumusong sa baha..

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Sir hindi naman. Kahit malakas ulan kagabi wala naman akong nadaanan na baha eh.

Dati lumusong ako but only 1/4 of the tire is submerged. Pero last night I'm 100% sure hindi ako lumusong sa baha..
    you must be losing brake fluid gradually. have your brake hydraulics inspected. the sinking of the brake pedal usually means a leak in the hydraulics or you are low on brake fluid. while you're at it, have your system flushed and the brake fluid replaced with fresh uncontaminated DOT 3

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    you must be losing brake fluid gradually. have your brake hydraulics inspected. the sinking of the brake pedal usually means a leak in the hydraulics or you are low on brake fluid. while you're at it, have your system flushed and the brake fluid replaced with fresh uncontaminated DOT 3
    Sir, pardon my ignorance, but where is the master cylinder located? Last night was the first time it ever happened to me. Kala ko
    nawalan na ako ng preno.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Open you hood and on your right (you facing the car) look at the brake fluid reservoir, if the level is below the minimum level, there could be a leak, now look at the inside portion of all your wheels, if one of them is wet then, that is where the leak. Since, you don't know where is the master cylinder is located, I would assume that you can't fix the problem, have a mechanic do it for you.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yepp. That's a sure sign of a hydraulic problem. A temporary workaround in an emergency situation is to pump the brake pedal to build up hydraulic pressure enough to stop the vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys, Problem resolved.

The culprit was the Brake Master Cylinder.

I also had leaks on my wheel cylinder, that was the first suspect but unfortunately after replacing it, the problem is still occuring.

I also replaced my brake pads and brake shoes.

Ang gastos... huhuhuhuhuhu!! Pero at least it's ok now and I can drive safely.

Brakes Suddenly Weakens.. Help Please..