New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mga ser, share ko lang experience ko kagabe. unfortunately bigla bumigay yung lining ba yun sa break shoe sa likod ng oto ko. both rear wheels. Thank God at hinde naman ako nabangga or nakabangga the first time i felt na nawala preno ko due to trafic.kahit papano, naimanage ko to get to a gas station na walang mekaniko at yung guard dun offered his help at meron daw siyang kakilalang mekaniko na pumupunta talaga kung kinekelangan kahit alanganing oras. 'twas around 1am at dumating parin nga. due to lack of resources dahil gabe na at lana auto supply around our area, meron parin siyang nakuhang pair of brake shoes.nakalagay sa box OEM Rspecs.since first time experience ko yun when it comes to break pads/shoes problem, i had no choice but to deal with it. never got the chance to ask my friends or relatives about this product kasi gabe na and all i'm thinking was to get my car home.

naayos siya eventually and then i got home safely. he charged me P2,100 and a coffee. at alam nyo naman tau, we're meticulous and detailed in nature when it comes to autos. and so my question is:

1. ok ba tong "OEM Rspecs" na nilagay niya sa likod? i can't tell if it's legit or not since this is the first time i had to deal with brake pads/shoes. chances are i think not.i really had no choice that time.

2. P2,100+coffee = parts and labor. does it sounds right?

3. when he had to do the "bleeding" yung isang gulong lang ang nableed for the fluid kasi yung isa "bilugan" na daw yung bukasan/knot at inaalala nya baka pag napwerssa nya e may mapigtas or something. he tried though. medyo malalim parin siya from normal pero babalik rin daw yun sa dati paglaon. may epekto bato sa performance or the other one also really needed to bleed?

with all these, i still had to appreciate the guy though for coming all the way from lagro fairview to shell philcoa(where my car was fixed).not to mention he still went into an auto supply and get the parts at the middle of the night.nakamotor siya. my decision i believe is correct kesa pinilit ko idrive yung kotse pauwe fairview. could cause me major repairs or accidents.

i will still have my brakes check at servitek(abante marketing) regalado prolly this weekend. and while am waiting, could anybody please help me answer those questions na naglalaro sa utak ko ngayon.advice, recommendations, care tips? pasensya napo medyo mahaba. gusto ko lang siguro iexpress dito yung naexperience ko. it's really aggravating. thanks for reading.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sa labor charges pag nagpagawa ako like change ng brake shoe, P300 per tire. regarding naman sa bleeding kung wala naman binukasan na hydraulic lines di na kailangan pero kung meron dapat lahat ng nabuksan.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I strongly suggest you get bendix brake pads, rspec is kinda too hard and too impure for most disk. I had my rspec pad replaced even if i was just halfway through it since it was eating up my disks already.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    wag r spec.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Bendix isn't expensive and it should last you a good while if all you do is daily driving in the metropolis.

Ingat lang sa pekeng Bendix. Try going to their website to see what the genuine boxes look like. For normal use, their organic "General CT" line of brake pads and shoes is good.

If you're willing to spend more on brakes (and I highly suggest you do, the lives of you and your passengers depend on your brakes), there are lots of better options.

Don't forget your brake fluid too - the best pads and shoes in the world are worthless if your brake fluid has boiled. Have your entire braking system bled and refilled at least once a year. It's very cheap insurance.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 24th, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    i use bendix on my brake pads and generic brand on my brake shoes, whether local or taiwan made.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I had Rspec and it was the metal type that squeaked a lot ... parang jeepney. Had it replaced with Bendix via Cruven Makati. 1.5K for a pair, 500 labor on a 97 Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post

Ingat lang sa pekeng Bendix. Try going to their website to see what the genuine boxes look like. For normal use, their organic "General CT" line of brake pads and shoes is good.
    The Bendix box Cruven bought for me looks nothing like the boxes on their website ... napeke kaya ako ni Cruven?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thanks po sa lahat ng nagreply. been reading threads about brake pads/shoes recently. kahit papano nagkaron nako ng idea and naenlighten nako.nagsimula lahat ng problema ko nung humiwalay nako sa bahay namen and have my own place.hayz.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    glad to help,
    btw: sometimes there should be some smoke from the brakes. it should last for about the first week while the pads are settling in. if it lasts more than 3 weeks then have your brake checked if it's sticking

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bisolvon View Post
    thanks po sa lahat ng nagreply. been reading threads about brake pads/shoes recently. kahit papano nagkaron nako ng idea and naenlighten nako.nagsimula lahat ng problema ko nung humiwalay nako sa bahay namen and have my own place.hayz.
    That is part of growing up.
    One way of checking brakes is touching the alloy wheels, compare the temperature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
brake repair emergency!