New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    guys usually ilan years po sila pinapalitan? yun sa akin po kasi 1 year pa lng 15-16k na yun takbo then nagpa 20k maintenance ako.. sinabi sa akin 1/4 nalng daw yun brake pads and change roto disc asap.. hindi po kaya pinalitan ng planta? or talagang 1 year(15-16k un takbo) lng need na palitan?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What car and year/model?

Anyway, brake pads tend to be replaced between every 10,000 Km or longer.

Brake rotors will last for years (ten or longer) as long as it's not abused hard during it's use. If the rotor is cracked or warped, it will need to be replaced.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by haihuat View Post
    guys usually ilan years po sila pinapalitan? yun sa akin po kasi 1 year pa lng 15-16k na yun takbo then nagpa 20k maintenance ako.. sinabi sa akin 1/4 nalng daw yun brake pads and change roto disc asap.. hindi po kaya pinalitan ng planta? or talagang 1 year(15-16k un takbo) lng need na palitan?
    What model/make year?

M/T or A/T?

Change brake pads at 20K is too early. Unless you use the car for drifting

Yung Innova ko running 70K ++ makapal pa brake pads, mabigat pa yung Innova ko plus 8 passengers daily.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Wow! I'm also around that mileage (1.5 years * 15,+++ km; Civic 1.8S A/T). And I think there's still roughly 50-60% brake pad life left in front and 70% at the rear. You usually replace the rotors only after running through maybe 4-6 sets of brake pads at least. Either your speculation about the casa replacing them with spent ones is true or you have heavy feet.

If it's the latter, you may want to review your driving habits. Use engine braking when possible and avoid rapid acceleration and sudden stops.

What sort of roads do you travel on; Hilly/Mountainous? City? Highway?

When did you have your last PMS? What was the mileage and thickness of the brake pads?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    nissan navarra last year july ko lang binili and now i need to change the brake pads(1/4 na lng) and roto disc asap.. i always drive at highways all the time NLEX then SCTEX.. nagulat na lang ako na ganun na pala yun brake pads ko after the maintenance... kaya may duda ako na pinalitan nila..
    i just have my PMS last week.. my mileage now is 16k

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Get second opinion bro.

SHARING IS CARING.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nissan navarra last year july ko lang binili and now i need to change the brake pads(1/4 na lng) and roto disc asap.. i always drive at highways all the time NLEX then SCTEX.. nagulat na lang ako na ganun na pala yun brake pads ko after the maintenance... kaya may duda ako na pinalitan nila..
    i just have my PMS last week.. my mileage now is 16k
    16,000 and you need to change the pads lalu na yun rotor? Grabe ah baka palaging hard braking ka or something fishy going on sa CASA.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i rememered, that when i changed by lancer's pads, it was at the 110k km range... hehehehe.

actually, you can have it checked DIY mode... pag tanggal mo ng gulong mo, masisilip mo kung makapal pa yung brake pads or not.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you do a lot of hard stopping from high speeds? Do you feel a loss of braking power? Do you hear a squealing noise?

If not, go for a second opinion with another Nissan CASA.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Do you do a lot of hard stopping from high speeds? Do you feel a loss of braking power? Do you hear a squealing noise?

If not, go for a second opinion with another Nissan CASA.
    sometimes pero hindi naman parati.. highway kasi lagi takbo ko.. kaya nagtataka ako biglang 1/4 nalang yun brakepads and pati roto disc nadamay sa loss of braking power sa ngaun maayos naman pagkabrake ko kumakagat pa naman yun squealing noise mahehear ko yun kapag hard stop from high speeds or kapag wet un daanan.

hindi yata pwede pagpalit ng nissan CASA kasi nagsend ng flyers yun nissan kapag pinagawa mo sa ibang nissan or sa labas ng nissan hindi na nila sagot yun warranty mahirap naman sisihin yun CASA kasi no proof and sa loob nila ginagawa so hindi natin makita if pinalitan or hindi..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
brake pads and roto disc