New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how do you know when to change your brake pads?

sa accord ko may parang squeaking sound, is this normal?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    definitely bendix is better.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [QUOTE=baludoy]anong reface mga bosing?

When they say, it had to be reface or machined. Your rotor would either have grooves or its warp. You can see it clearly if you have a dubs with wide spacing. If its badly warp, you feel it in your brake pedal (like its pumping), but don't be confuse with pumping of ABS system.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davy88
    how do you know when to change your brake pads?

sa accord ko may parang squeaking sound, is this normal?
    try to have it check nalang to see kung manipis na yung brake pads mo. if manipis na then that's the time you change it.

minsan yung parang squeking sound ay dahil madumi lang yung brake mo. or pwede din dahil kailangan na i-face yung rotor mo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelparadigm
    What's the best/bang-for-the-buck brake pads out there in the market?

I've read here that most of you recommend Bendix brake pads. But I want to know if Bosch brake pads are any good/better than the former.
    Going through this thread, Bendix is definitely recommended. May I ask w/c one should I get? Regular or Metal King? I use my Cefiro 90% city driving (leisure driving) and 10% highway (160kph on star toll). Normally I'd go to higher model Metal King, but someone in this thread says it much dust and another said it eats rotor.

Suggestions anyone?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Common knowledge na ata kahit sa ibang countries na Metalkings eat rotors hehe. Sabi nung isa it was because the friction material used had carborundum or silicon carbide, a commonly used industrial abrasive. Bendix then stopped using that material. The pads without carborundum are called Metalking Plus. Di ko alam kung totoo 'to ;)

Bendix' website does not mention Standard/Regular or Metalkings: http://www.bendix.com.au/index.php?m...281613041-6043
    Meron lang silang General, Advance, Heavy Duty, Ultimate and 4WD. Available ba sa Pinas 'to? Will be buying brake pads very soon.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    How much for Ceramic brake pads? I like this better since less wear and less brake dust.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    not too sure if ceramic is really ceramic. if you look at porsche brakes, the ceramic brake option requires ceramic rotors for it to work properly. akebono has "ceramic" pads but baka di sya totoong ceramic.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    you have to drive really hard for them to eat into the rotors. worst thing about metal kings is the dust.
    tama... gamit ko metal king plus... hayuf kumapit kaso yung rims ko (silver metallic) parang nagiging purple because of the dusts...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    tama... gamit ko metal king plus... hayuf kumapit kaso yung rims ko (silver metallic) parang nagiging purple because of the dusts...
    Gamit ko rin Metal Kings. I'd rather have purple rims than a bent nose hehe

Kakatakot lang ang Metal Kings kung malamig pa. It don't bite that good in the morning Pero after a few meters ok na sya.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Brake Pads