New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    After 1000+ mixed Km I can say that EBC Greenstuff is noisier and has less bite than Nissan OEM. A lot more brake dust too. Similar to Hyundai OEM dust levels.

Disappointing. Should've gone Yellowstuff or OEM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I know the G-Brake brand, actually this is a private house brand made by a Japanese company this brand was made just to compete with Bendix level GCT actually they are poor quality brake pads and cheaper as the wholesale company who made G-Brake brand is just buying the products in China and Taiwan factories that is why makikita mo palang in actual person na pati yung carton packaging is poor also.
    If you see may reviews about G Brake in Russia were people complain about the workmanship and the quality of the compound of the disc brake pads. Also they are cheaper in price vs Bendix.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    You may see them in some Shell service centers the reason is because G-Brake is being sold by the same distributor company that sells the infamous low quality VIC filter, this company is selling directly to Shell service centers and auto supplies. You may also notice that G-Brake is just a newly created brand in the market just like how the private company brands like the Circuit, Maruzen, Fast1, Kendo, New Tokico, New Toyo, NEC-Japan, Nesinbo, Yasika, and so much more super cheap low quality parts.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I seem to can not attach a photo of the comparison of G-Brake. I'll pm you instead.
    Last edited by JapanABC; June 3rd, 2017 at 05:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Sir thanks for the info.

What do you recommend, besides the stock?
    Either go for Akebono, Advics, or Nissin, this are OEM brands

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Bro in this brand you mention. Where or what company can we buy? In Nissin nag back read ako the distributor is in pasig Meron ba in pasay, paranaque, alabang, cavite?... tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Arz View Post
    Bro in this brand you mention. Where or what company can we buy? In Nissin nag back read ako the distributor is in pasig Meron ba in pasay, paranaque, alabang, cavite?... tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So far sa Pasig and Valenzuela lang meron kasi yung auto shop dun ay purely Honda kay Kab Automize sa Pasig, sa Valenzuela yung 2th Century may capability magbenta ng OE products. Yung ibang shop doesn't carry Nissin since base sa two dealers kaya nila ibenta dahil may customers sila na Honda fanboys kahit na 20-30% mas mahal sa Bendix binibili parin ng die hard Honda people.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I travelled fully loaded almost 600 kms to and fro our holiday destination last month during the long weekend and the project mu + oem combo heldup pretty good in long straightaways, mountain passes, and on roads you can barely call roads

With so many closecalls during that trip (tricycles suddenly emerging, reckless fuel trucks, etc), it proved to me and my passengers that brakepads are not areas for scrimping

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    My issues with Bendix brake pads is that if you compare them side by side with the OEM counterpart, their friction material ( the pad itself) is narrower such that it doest cover the whole brake rotor surface area that is covered by the OEM. While its true that it does not compromise braking power, it however, invites unwanted rusting (& sometimes pitting) on the rotor surface area not covered by the pad... The metal kings in particular, "eat" the covered area deeper leaving the uncovered area untouched resulting in uneven wear of the rotor. Depending on how deep the gouging is, some needs refacing when changing to a new pad...
    Talking from first hand experience ....

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    which shops sell Advics brand?

Brake Pad Thread [Merged]