New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just had my brake discs and brake drums refaced yesterday. and also my parking brake adjusted..problem is theres this noise that i hear whenever i accelerate and halt to a stop....i tried to drive in an incline surface to test if my brakes are bonding, but the car slides down.

btw i hear it in the back.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's quite hard to determine what causes the noise without hearing it actually. Baka hindi pa lang po nag set yung pads sa drums. Give it a couple of days more to fully set in the parts. And to check if the brakes are bonded, use hand to feel if rims get too hot to touch. A hot rim after driving around is normal, as long as you can hold the heat with your hands.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    will check that.. tnx sir ungas.. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You're welcome. :D

OT: And do bring your Carnival on the 31st.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    naging problema ko rin 'yan binalik ko lang sa pinagawan ko na solve naman 3 balik nga lang bago nagawa.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    baka mali or kulang yung pag-adjust ng handbrake. this will cause braking power to be weaker overall and will explain why di sya kumakapit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kumakapit naman po ang siya..feeling ko nga mas malakas ngyn ang brakes. yun lang may "rolling" sound pag umaandar at tumitigil. bigyan ko pa hanggang bukas pag meron pa rin ibabalik ko na lang.. tnx anyway migz :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi kaya parating naka-contact yung pads sa rotor mo?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    or some bearings yung problem? who knows?!

anyway, you're welcome!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    since, nagpa-refaced ka kinalas brake assembly mo malamang hindi nila naibalik nag maayos baka may sumasayad na kung ano sa brake drum ng oto mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Brake Noise