New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Any alternative to bendix general ct? The brake dust (or what i call brake 'rust') that it produces makes my silver rims look brown! Pag nag-OEM kaya ako, mas ok? Ang pricey kasi nung OEM eh, very significant yung price difference nila.
    You are getting the bendix because its cheaper.. Oem is oem, if its not ok it shouldn't be there..

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    planning to change all the brake pads of my civic fd, went to banawe in HRC to inquire,all they have is bendix and nissin brake pads, read somewhere that nissin brake pads are the oem pads used by honda, is this true? may nakagamit na ba ng nissin sa civic fd nila dito?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    whats the reason for changing your brake pads? under 3mm na ba?
    Last edited by StockEngine; May 20th, 2015 at 11:52 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yun po kasi recommendation sakin ng casa sir e,kaso sobrang mahal naman ng brake pads sa casa,i know hindi dapat nagtitipid sa brakes kaya lang on a tight budget since ive already spent 23k for my 60,000 pms sa casa,so im canvassing kung ano ang medyo affordable but still will give you the peace of mind when driving your car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    yun po kasi recommendation sakin ng casa sir e,kaso sobrang mahal naman ng brake pads sa casa,i know hindi dapat nagtitipid sa brakes kaya lang on a tight budget since ive already spent 23k for my 60,000 pms sa casa,so im canvassing kung ano ang medyo affordable but still will give you safety and peace of mind when driving the car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mahal naman ng 60k pms nyan 23k petot?? nag overhaul ba ng makina yan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bry79 View Post
    yun po kasi recommendation sakin ng casa sir e,kaso sobrang mahal naman ng brake pads sa casa,i know hindi dapat nagtitipid sa brakes kaya lang on a tight budget since ive already spent 23k for my 60,000 pms sa casa,so im canvassing kung ano ang medyo affordable but still will give you the peace of mind when driving your car.
    Get a second opinion. I've had Toyota Pasig recommending me to change the brake pads on my Corolla Altis before... and it only had 15,000kms of mostly highway driving at that time! Of course I knew better and did not even bother to listen to their recommendation or do a double check because i know my car and i know how the brakes feel when the pads are wearing down. My car is now at 50,000kms and i still have the original brake pads on; i have not checked the brake pads yet since i'm still about to go in for servicing (i check my pads and clean the brakes every 10,000kms) but i already purchased an extra set of pads since i can feel that i will have to change the pads soon and want the set on hand just in case.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Oo nga po sir e, change fluids, clean air intakes, change spark-plugs, change filters... Saka iba pang kaek...ekan(sorry with my use of words), pero whats done is done... Charge to experience na lang, kaya minabuti ko tanong muna kung anong ok na brake pads kung sakali para naman hindi na masyado lumaki gastos, sa tingin nyo sir ok po ba yung nissin brake pads or go with bendix na lang?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Get a second opinion. I've had Toyota Pasig recommending me to change the brake pads on my Corolla Altis before... and it only had 15,000kms of mostly highway driving at that time! Of course I knew better and did not even bother to listen to their recommendation or do a double check because i know my car and i know how the brakes feel when the pads are wearing down. My car is now at 50,000kms and i still have the original brake pads on; i have not checked the brake pads yet since i'm still about to go in for servicing (i check my pads and clean the brakes every 10,000kms) but i already purchased an extra set of pads since i can feel that i will have to change the pads soon and want the set on hand just in case.
    Actually this is the second time na sinabi na po sakin, had my brakes cleaned 2 months ago sa labas and yun din nirekomenda, its a 7 year old car so i think its high time na rin na palitan na, especially biyahe ako next month sa north.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ihagod mo muna daliri mo sa rotor disk (both sides). Pakiramdaman mo kung meron alon or magaspang, kung meron ipa resurface mo muna rotor disk para kuminis, then saka ka magpalit ng brakes, mapapansin mo din na hindi na ganun kalakas mag brake dust

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by funprise View Post
    Your know when you need to have your ssystem bled if : while depressing the brake parang at the point na mag stop na ang pag depress sa pedal tapos after a few sec bigla nanaman siyang lumosot. This is because air is present in the system and are is compressed as you depress the pedal.
    Huh. I thought this was normal. I noticed this a few days after bringing home my car (purchased brand new, now 6 months old) and it's been like that ever since. Wala rin naman napansin yung casa mechanic when they test drove it for an alignment check. How much does this pocket of air affect the braking power/distance? Nakaka-alala 'to ah.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast