New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    meron yan sa warren kung bosch.

there's this store in recto, between masangkay and benavidez, na meron bendix. malaki yung store at puro headlight naka display sa labas. pasok ka sa loob. they have dispaly of brake pads in different sizes and brands. hindi ko lang alam kung original. better bring sample.
    ung LY ung malaking store doon between masangkay and benavidez, Rspecs din ni offer sa akin doon. when I ask for bendix, wala silang readily available but they could make special orders daw. maybe they will get it from other auto supply dealers. thanks sir.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ung LY ung malaking store doon between masangkay and benavidez, Rspecs din ni offer sa akin doon. when I ask for bendix, wala silang readily available but they could make special orders daw. maybe they will get it from other auto supply dealers. thanks sir.
    hanggang ngayon pati dito sa san pedro, laguna out of stock pa rin bendix. will try out LKC o TRW brand pads. as per advice hindi gaano mapulbos yung alin sa dalawa

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    hanggang ngayon pati dito sa san pedro, laguna out of stock pa rin bendix. will try out LKC o TRW brand pads. as per advice hindi gaano mapulbos yung alin sa dalawa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1028 View Post

try to ask CHIBA Auto Parts in Biñan. May Bendix sila dun...Duon ako nakabili ng Bendix brake pads for Vios.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1028 View Post

try to ask CHIBA Auto Parts in Biñan (infront of HINO Laguna/LTO Biñan - sa may Areza). May Bendix sila dun...Duon ako nakabili ng Bendix brake pads for Vios.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ^ i bought mine in Resting auto supply in Platero, Binan.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Hey Tsikoteers. For my first post I wanna ask something that concerns me most on my newly acquired 98 Galant Shark AT

Since this incident below happened, I started NOT to step on the brake pedal when starting my car. Reading on will explain why.

- The day after getting the car, upon starting it, while pressing on the brake pedal we noticed it was stiff /matigas. Then as the engine started, the brake pedal will start to press but the next symptom is the concern. It will stick (brakes) for a few minutes to the point that the car cannot be moved/ used until it relaxes after 5-15 mins and the car and brakes work properly.
    - Since then I only start the car without pressing the brakes. This way, no issues occur and I have been using it to this day.
    - The only other issues (might be related?) that I notice is that 1.) The brake pads are worn out as there is one or more scraping sound mainly on the rear wheels. 2.) the Drive belt (For Power Steering) is loose cause it would screech on cold starts and when turning the wheel sometimes. 3.) The engine shakes when idling on Drive (might be something else, but not the support, mechanic said servo cleaning)
    - My local mechanic said it might be the hydrovac upon qhick inspection (we described issue) but it passed the press-brake-pedal-and-start-engine-it-will-sink test. Also the brakes are really powerfull and works well.

- Would bleeding my brake fluids be the best thing to do first and possibly fix the issue? Where is the best place?

Cheers,
    Nick

Hey Tsikoteers. For my first post I wanna ask something that concerns me most on my newly acquired 98 Galant Shark AT

Since this incident below happened, I started NOT to step on the brake pedal when starting my car. Reading on will explain why.

- The day after getting the car, upon starting it, while pressing on the brake pedal we noticed it was stiff /matigas. Then as the engine started, the brake pedal will start to press but the next symptom is the concern. It will stick (brakes) for a few minutes to the point that the car cannot be moved/ used until it relaxes after 5-15 mins and the car and brakes work properly.
    - Since then I only start the car without pressing the brakes. This way, no issues occur and I have been using it to this day.
    - The only other issues (might be related?) that I notice is that 1.) The brake pads are worn out as there is one or more scraping sound mainly on the rear wheels. 2.) the Drive belt (For Power Steering) is loose cause it would screech on cold starts and when turning the wheel sometimes. 3.) The engine shakes when idling on Drive (might be something else, but not the support, mechanic said servo cleaning)
    - My local mechanic said it might be the hydrovac upon qhick inspection (we described issue) but it passed the press-brake-pedal-and-start-engine-it-will-sink test. Also the brakes are really powerfull and works well.

- Would bleeding my brake fluids be the best thing to do first and possibly fix the issue? Where is the best place?

Cheers,
    Nick

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    anong magandang brand para sa drum brake replacement?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbackfire View Post

Cheers,
    Nick
    Try to check the calipers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015

Cheers,
    Nick

Cheers,
    Nick
    This seems like an vacuum(air)/hydrovac problem to me. i dunno about your cars hydro vac but if its the double diapharam type it could be that one of the diapphrams have leaked causing this sezing problem. when the car is warmed up it produces good enough vacuum thats when it releases. and functions properly.

To me this is a potentialy fatal problem waiting to happen. I would have it checked with a good mechanic. na hindi pa chamba chamba lang. replacing the hydro vac will definitely solve this problem. huwag pa "pwedi pa yan" sa mga ganitong bagay your life and others on the road could be at stake.

The brake fluids have nothing to do with this problem.

Your know when you need to have your ssystem bled if : while depressing the brake parang at the point na mag stop na ang pag depress sa pedal tapos after a few sec bigla nanaman siyang lumosot. This is because air is present in the system and are is compressed as you depress the pedal.

Cheers,
    Nick

Cheers,
    Nick
    This seems like an vacuum(air)/hydrovac problem to me. i dunno about your cars hydro vac but if its the double diapharam type it could be that one of the diapphrams have leaked causing this sezing problem. when the car is warmed up it produces good enough vacuum thats when it releases. and functions properly.

To me this is a potentialy fatal problem waiting to happen. I would have it checked with a good mechanic. na hindi pa chamba chamba lang. replacing the hydro vac will definitely solve this problem. huwag pa "pwedi pa yan" sa mga ganitong bagay your life and others on the road could be at stake.

The brake fluids have nothing to do with this problem.

Your know when you need to have your ssystem bled if : while depressing the brake parang at the point na mag stop na ang pag depress sa pedal tapos after a few sec bigla nanaman siyang lumosot. This is because air is present in the system and are is compressed as you depress the pedal.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Cheers,
    Nick

Cheers,
    Nick
    check the hydrovac and the master.

Cheers,
    Nick

Cheers,
    Nick
    check the hydrovac and the master.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Any alternative to bendix general ct? The brake dust (or what i call brake 'rust') that it produces makes my silver rims look brown! Pag nag-OEM kaya ako, mas ok? Ang pricey kasi nung OEM eh, very significant yung price difference nila.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast