New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    guys, im planning to change my rear drum brakes to disc brakes. any shops making this conversion. pls advise.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    what car? some may not have rear brake conversions...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Does it increase braking power if yes, then interested din ako...

Let me know if there are disadvantages and most importantly how much yung $damage$ for my car.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Eto ang aking tanong: may adverse effect ba ito sa ABS?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are your vehicles sir's?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ako Corolla GLI 98. Natanong ko lang kasi may ABS yung ganong model. Tapos naisip ko kung magpalit ng larger rotors sa harap (in case magpalit ng malakas makina), may epekto kaya sa ABS?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    mine is crosswind XTO 2002 model.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what i know, that is possible (even with abs, the abs mechanism is not in the drum brakes)

Yes, there is an improvement. Ever tried braking after passing a baha na abot or lubog brake drums? Wet brake drums almost don't work.

The problem is findind the right rotors that would fit your oto. Sa toyota mas madali kasi most parts ng toyota would fit one another...maybe you should look into the rear disk brakes found on toyota corona's. I have a gut feel that it would fit a gli.

As for the crosswind, baka mahirapan ka maghanap. Usually the bolt pattern is an issue and then the off-set nito. The mounting of the calipers could also be an issue but normally kaya ito ifabricate.

Sa bagong oto, it would void your waranty. So it is not recommended.

I am also planing to do this project sa aking Toyota Starlet 81'. Some people in the toyota forum suggested that i use a surplus honda accura or accord rear disk brakes...baka daw magfit. One edge nito ay parts (caliper parts and brake pads) availability and lower cost. I am also looking into fitting the toyota corona (pero hard to find ito sa surplusan).

my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    abs might not be retained if you change more than the brakes.

brake conversion