New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sirs, how often do you spray your rotors with brake cleaner? sa ibang shop, liha lang ginagamit nila... advisable ba na liha lang or mas maganda kung brake cleaner gamitin?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Sirs, how often do you spray your rotors with brake cleaner? sa ibang shop, liha lang ginagamit nila... advisable ba na liha lang or mas maganda kung brake cleaner gamitin?

there is no necessity using brake parts cleaner. you can wash brake components with denatured alcohol or soap (dishwashing liquid) and water solution. using sand paper on the rotors or brake drums is just done to deglaze the surface if you install new brake pads or shoes so they break in fast. otherwise, if the drums or rotors are not oily, not glazed, not rusty, you can just wash them to remove as much oils, dust and other foreign material on the surface

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

okay noted sir.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there is no necessity using brake parts cleaner. you can wash brake components with denatured alcohol or soap (dishwashing liquid) and water solution. using sand paper on the rotors or brake drums is just done to deglaze the surface if you install new brake pads or shoes so they break in fast. otherwise, if the drums or rotors are not oily, not glazed, not rusty, you can just wash them to remove as much oils, dust and other foreign material on the surface
    Can you load the mix up in a hand sprayer as well?

I use 3M brake cleaner though, every 10,000kms. Every 5K, i just inspect and spray with compressed air.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Regular cleaning, mas maganda syempre brake cleaner.

Just aim and spray, bagsak lahat ng grease, grime, dirt.

Kung liha, masisinghot mo pa ang dust baka may asbestos.

80 petot lang yata sa Petron, same lang performance compared sa 3M or Permatex.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Can you load the mix up in a hand sprayer as well?

I use 3M brake cleaner though, every 10,000kms. Every 5K, i just inspect and spray with compressed air.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use compressed air to clean brakes. you can use compressed air to dry wet brake parts from washing but NEVER use compressed air to clean dry brake friction parts. they might say the friction materials are asbestos free, but you don't know they might be more harmful than asbestos.

you can use a hardware purchased spray bottle to wet clean the brakes with soap and water,

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Regular cleaning, mas maganda syempre brake cleaner.

Just aim and spray, bagsak lahat ng grease, grime, dirt.

Kung liha, masisinghot mo pa ang dust baka may asbestos.

80 petot lang yata sa Petron, same lang performance compared sa 3M or Permatex.
    80 petot lang sa petron brake cleaner? ilan ml yan? meron pala sa petron.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    80 petot lang sa petron brake cleaner? ilan ml yan? meron pala sa petron.
    never have i used commercial or home-made brake cleaners in any of my cars. that's a combined 40 car-years. and never have any of my brakes failed or needed premature replacement. yung liha lang, pinabayaan ko. trip ni mekaniko, e..
    sa init ba naman sa pag-gagamit sa brakes..
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

cguro sa road condition din sir, kung madalas ka sa dusty and muddy roads maybe the more you need brake cleaners pag city driving, konting hugas lang and liha.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use compressed air to clean brakes. you can use compressed air to dry wet brake parts from washing but NEVER use compressed air to clean dry brake friction parts. they might say the friction materials are asbestos free, but you don't know they might be more harmful than asbestos.
    That's quite possible. Thanks for the heads-up on that concern; common practice pa naman yan with most shops (even at the CASA).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast