New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Mga sir my ride is lancer 97 glxi and recently installed maxspeed lowering springs.. Is it normal na maging bouncy yung ride? TIA!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yup. Change your shocks if it is still stock. Stock shocks were designed for the stock springs too

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Baka sobra haba ng shock abs rubber bumpstop, tukod agad.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    *sirbossr nakapagpalit na ko ng shocks sir prior to installing lowering springs, kyb gas type siguro mga 1 ye na sya.. Need ko na ba magpalit?

*johnjoseph wala ako idea sir sa rubber stopper kung meron ako.. My difference ba sa ride comfort pag my ganito sir?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think what he was trying to say was, there are shocks for regular suspensions, and there are shocks for lowered suspensions.
    if your replaced shocks now are for regular suspension, then you have to replace them with shocks designed for lowered suspension.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    *dr. d sorry sir for the noob question, any brand or name of shocks for lowered suspension? Tia sir..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The lowering springs that you got has a reputation of having a bouncy feeling. Even if you change your shocks now you would still get the same result. Might as well use it for the meantime to let the springs settle since its new or buy a different lowering spring.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    baka ito pwede.. di ko lang alam ang price..

KYB Lowfer Sports
    This Lowering suspension ensures excellent driving performance.
    Lowfer Sports is combined with a short compression to allow for Custom Lowering suspension.
    The short stroke specifications meet the requirement of the low riders and are compatible with a wide variation of vehicles.

KYB Philippines

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    *xtian119 sir how do i know if the springs have settled? Will it be less bouncy?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    *red_one thanks sir for the info.. Mukhang pricey sir! Hehe..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bouncy ride after installing lowering springs