New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang haba haba ng post ko tas ibabale-wala mo lang! bwiset! akin na nga safari mo... for damages caused... :mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sige na nga palit na lang tayo, ayoko na rin tong Safari ko. :mrgreen:

Nagkamali yata ako ng decision sa pag lift. 8O Too stiff yung front end ko, parang nakasakay ako sa kariton. :mrgreen: If I could only borrow a winch to test the coils weight limit... hmmmmm :P

Pero yung likod saktong-sakto lang the ride is soft yet firm on humps and bumps. Mas gusto ko yung yata set-up sa rear coils to match it with 5100 series of Bilsteins.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    did you change the coils already? or it is the same meduim weight coils. ano part no shocks mo front right now.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ARB::: The front has extra heavy duty TJM coils matched with the common yellow and blue canister Bilstein shocks (forgot the part number what it was). While the rear has heavy duty TJM coils with 5100 series Bilsteins (silver canister).

I might have to change the front coils to heavy duty. Imo, it's too stiff for comfort driving within the metro. :?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ah ok, i thought you still had OME on your ride. did you try the OME shocks on your new springs?

try mo na lang to put a winch it may soften a bit. or put a ballast that will mimic the weight of the winch first so that you may know the result to help you decide to change to different spring setting.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    extra heavy duty???
    wow super stiff yun sir

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto yung nakuha ko sa transhow:

Motorco Industrial Development Corporation
    11 Oagataan St., Quezon City
    Tel 3647436 / 3646243
    e-mail: motorcoindustrial*yahoo.com

may dala silang bilstein shocks at k&n filters

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang may-ari niyan ay si Ferman Lao a.k.a. autoxer hehehe!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hingi nga sana ako discount eh :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    ah ok, i thought you still had OME on your ride. did you try the OME shocks on your new springs?

try mo na lang to put a winch it may soften a bit. or put a ballast that will mimic the weight of the winch first so that you may know the result to help you decide to change to different spring setting.
    I tried the OME shocks on the new front coils, ride was lowered 10mm. It is a bit wobbly for the coils. The extra heavy duty was really meant for GU patrol series. Too stiff, imo.

We also tried mounting a 9000lbs. winch infront with Bilstein shocks. I didn't also help to soften those stiff springs. I have ordered heavy duty shocks in replacement for the extra heavy duty ones. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday and install it the same day as it arrives from Aussie land.

Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    extra heavy duty???
    wow super stiff yun sir
    Yup sinabi mo pa. I was hoping to find the other customer who had heavy duty coils on his GU patrol. Maybe I could swap his coils for mine. Man! I tell you, I would have wanted those extra heavy duty if my ride was mainly used for offroading. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bilstein Shock Absorbers