New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    totoo ba ito? lalo na dun sa mga nagpachange ng stock tires and rims to mags ano observation nyo mas tumakaw ba sa gasolina? in my case, from standard car rims/tires to 17 inch 225 50 series. pcensya na di ko na icompare before and after ksi akala ko wala effect or wat. thnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep due to higher rolling resistance & weight.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    siguro sa stop and go traffic mas mataas yun fuel consumption, but it may be the opposite for long drives

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wider tires will increase fuel consumption n heavier rims will reduce 1/4 mile times

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i think dats the physics behind it---der is more tire surface in contact with the road so therefore more rolling resistance. yun "weight" saan yun? dun sa mags/tires? feeling ko magaan naman mags/wtires ko ksi aluminum sya. nakakacontribute(rolling resistance) ba sya(mags/tires)? yun para bng feeling ng car eh ang bigat ng gulong nya someting like dat kya mataas rolling resistance resulting in bigger fuel consumption.

lam ko marami nakamags dito ganun ba observation nyo? thnx

AFAIK If your using wider tires your fuel consumption will increase because of rolling resistance and drag. Check your wheel/tire diameter, it should be within 3% of the OEM specs kundi di accurate yung odo reading mo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mazda is on the button on this

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yap... lalakas ang fuel consumption.. pero pag long drives parang tumitipid.. hehehe

i think so...

coming from P215/65r15 on my delica, it is fast and matipid...pero 1 wrong hit then the tires blew!so i changed to LT30x9.5r15..my delica consumed more lessen my speed...now i'm on LT235/75r15..noticable improvement on fuel consumption and speed, despite it is 1/2 in narrower and 1 inch lower than my 2nd set of tires.....

pero i havent tried the stock size of the delica: 215sr15-->di ko alam size nito,e..
    is my tires within the limit or shoul i change gear ratio to have better consumption?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, i changed my tires from stock 265/70R16 to 265/75R16 and finally to 285/75R16, bakit parang mas nagimprove ang mileage ko?
    Signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bigger tires mean bigger fuel consumption??