New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mga Sir worth it kaya upgrade yung front brakes to bigger one? My car is 7g Galant SS stock engine lang. Plan ko sana upgrade front brakes using vr4 dual piston na brakes. Feeling ko kasi medyo bitin brakes ko for this mid sized sedan lalo na sa high speed though wala naman problem I just want more braking power. Worth it kaya or just stay with my stock brakes? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    stock engine = stock brakes. save up for some other mods nalang imo.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Two piston caliper cost a buck. Go the cheapest... change your rotor into slotted(ex. DBA rotor, Power slot plus system, brembo) and use Hawk HPS(high performance street) or Satisfied GranSport GS6 Carbon Ceramic brake pads.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the replies. Actually the twinpot will cost 4.5k surplus plus pads and change to bigger hydrovac. I guess stock na nga lang ako medyo magastos din yun. hehe Thanks po!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    or just upgrade the pads pwede rin.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    4 wheel disk brake ang vr4 diba?
    turbohin nalang yan

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not look into the upgrade of the brake tubes from the normal ones to steel braided covered ones.

I have lots of readings that these also improved the braking power of the vehicle. And is not that expensive.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    go with speedyfix's advice. big brakes are installed to compensate for a tuned engine/ bigger engine swap. unless you have tons of money to burn, then go ahead with the project.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    pasingit, ung civic ko kinabitan ko ng 17" wheels bigla humina ang preno, me connection ba un?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO possibleng mas mabigat na ang bago mong gulong OR mas malaki ang outside diameter nito than the original... kaya parang "bumagal" ang breaking power nito.

AFAIK nag-iiba kasi ang force ng pagpreno (physics) pagnakarun ng ganyang changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
big brakes