New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I forgot, w/ the above wheel and tire combination I have no problems w/ sayad/fender rubbing. Get the specs of the rim and look in the manufacturer's website to see if it fits your tribute. I've seen a few who bought rims w/ the wrong offset for their ride.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by C24
    i have 255/55-18 falkens ziex z04s on my escape. rims are 8.5x18 Rays G-Games 77S w/ 45mm offset. the correct original tire size and diameter for the tribute/escape in the US and Japan are 235/70-16s or approx 29inches diameter, just like 255/55-18s. Their differential ratios are 2.93 just like ours so I can't figure why Ford Philippines put on 215/70-16s (28" diameter). Maybe to make the speedometer/odometer to read faster para perceived better mileage?!?

Toyo and bridgestone have similar sized tires. Once you have your new tires&rims fitted you'll have to lower your ride as it'll look really weird w/ low profile tires and lifted look.

Expect to have a stiffer ride even without the lowering springs.

BTW, i had 8x18s before w/ the 255/55-18s but they looked too narrow for the tires. w/ the 8.5x18s, the tires' sidewalls are flush w/ the rim whereas before they were bulging slightly out.

If budget permits, try 19" rims! Parang bitin itong 18s.
    Thanks for the info and tips sir! Balak ko talaga magpalower once i get the rims. Mga 1.5 inch drop, pwede na ba yun? Have a follow up question pala... If i go 19's (I'm assuming 19x8.5 or 19x9 is the correct wheel size) for the rims, what tire size should i get? Sorry i dont really know how to compute for tire size... Im hoping pwede 255/45 R19 kasi i really dont want to get a tire thats less than 45 series, too low profile na for me! Thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I tried Eibach springs (1.2" drop front, 1.6" drop rear) but there was still a big gap between the fenders so I switched to Espelir (2" drop). I'm not sure if H&R has for the tribute/escape.

For 19s the closest i've found are 255/45-19 (28.1"), I'm not sure if there's a size which is exactly 29" in diameter and if 19x9s will fit w/o clearance problems. Check websites of tire manufacturers, they have the tire specs.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I tried Eibach springs (1.2" drop front, 1.6" drop rear) but there was still a big gap between the fenders so I switched to Espelir (2" drop). I'm not sure if H&R has for the tribute/escape.

For 19s the closest i've found are 255/45-19 (28.1"), I'm not sure if there's a size which is exactly 29" in diameter and if 19x9s will fit w/o clearance problems. Check websites of tire manufacturers, they have the tire specs.
    Thanks again sir! I just checked on one of the online tire size calculators and found out that ideally, i should be getting either 255/55 R18, 255/50 R19 or even 255/45 R20 to get relatively near the 29" diameter mark. Anyway, was looking at getting H&R's 1.5 inch drop springs but after reading your post im not so sure anymore... Where can i get these 2" drop ESPELIR springs? Will it be a lot more expensive than the H&R's at 16,000 Pesos?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    also, check this out:

http://www.tirerack.com

go to shop tires by vehicle make

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    walang anuman i got the espelirs from autoplus, their retail price is P14K. Just ask for a discount, tell raymond that alex referred you. i'm not sure though if 255/50-19s are available.

one more thing, i think the wheel wells of the tribute are slightly different than the escape's so you might not need a 2" drop. best would be to measure the gap between the tire and fenders.

btw, how much are the concept ones you're getting?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    walang anuman i got the espelirs from autoplus, their retail price is P14K. Just ask for a discount, tell raymond that alex referred you. i'm not sure though if 255/50-19s are available.

one more thing, i think the wheel wells of the tribute are slightly different than the escape's so you might not need a 2" drop. best would be to measure the gap between the tire and fenders.

btw, how much are the concept ones you're getting?
    Aight thanks! The set of rims are 58k, dunno pa how much aabutin yung tires. Whats the price range of 255/55 R18 tires ba? By the way, are the 2" drop espelir springs really for the Tribute/Escape? Wala kasi ako nakita Mazda Tributre or Ford Escape dun sa application list of cars sa website ng espelir eh...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with sidewall, section width and other relevant info...

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    diba taiwan ang concept one? ang mahal naman kung P58T. Teka, brand ba ang concept one or pangalan lang ng store? Nasa P60T up ang Rays. Tribute ang nakalagay dun sa box ng espelir e. Have to warn you though na stiff ang magiging ride ng lowered springs and 255/55-18s although sanayan lang. Anyway, shop around at marami rami na rin akong nakita na magagandang rims w/ the same bolt pattern as the tribute. Lalo na yung deep-dished tapos polished lip.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    BTW, you'll have to install adjustable track rods for the rear and adjustable cam bolts for the front suspension to bring the camber specs back to factory specs. I ordered mine from summit racing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best tires for these 18 inch wheels / rims