New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    good day mga 4x4 gurus, i am about to change my bfg at's in a couple of months. would like to ask your opinions on what tire has the longest thread wear?

ill be driving mostly highways with a little mud and rock paths along the way, bfg at's fits me well and it gave me 48,000km but ive heard that its currently out of supply and the price is a little pricey compared to other brands. what other tire brands can you recommend that can withstand the tropic heat that we have here and has a longer thread life.

looking forward for your inputs

thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Check www.tirerack.com you can get information on which tires that fit your needs and last long.

I myself run the BFG AT and they are great tires. You can try the Bridgestone Dueler Revo or Dueler Revo 2. General Tire also makes the Grabber AT2 which look like the BFG AT but at a cheaper price. Then there is the Firestone Destination AT which is also good. Not sure all these tires are available where you are located but these have received good reviews from other people that have 4x4's and use it off road.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Check www.tirerack.com you can get information on which tires that fit your needs and last long.

I myself run the BFG AT and they are great tires. You can try the Bridgestone Dueler Revo or Dueler Revo 2. General Tire also makes the Grabber AT2 which look like the BFG AT but at a cheaper price. Then there is the Firestone Destination AT which is also good. Not sure all these tires are available where you are located but these have received good reviews from other people that have 4x4's and use it off road.
    thanks so much for the quick reply sir. will try to look for those mentioned tires. hope these are available here in negros. he..he..

thanks you so much sir, really appreciate it.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    by the way sir, any comments on the mickey thompsons, dick ceppeck and cooper tires? how do they fare in our tropical heat? thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You could try Yokohama Geolander AT-S.

http://www.yokohama-online.com/uploa...olandar_AT.jpg

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    any general tire dealers or suppliers in metro manila or if possible, visayas area?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boytigas View Post
    by the way sir, any comments on the mickey thompsons, dick ceppeck and cooper tires? how do they fare in our tropical heat? thanks
    What size are you looking for? The tropical heat shouldn't matter since even in the US they have places that are hot like Arizona and Nevada. The only time you would need a special tire is in the winter because of the cold. Which particular models of tires in those brands are you looking at purchasing? You may also want to check the Good Year Dura Trac, it's an AT tire with the looks of an MT without the tire noise.

Try this site also.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...l_Terrains.htm
    Last edited by redorange; October 11th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    im looking at 16's mickey thompson atz or cooper stt's sir. thanks for the help.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boytigas View Post
    im looking at 16's mickey thompson atz or cooper stt's sir. thanks for the help.
    Cooper Discoverer STTs are cheaper than the Mickey Thompsons.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Cooper Discoverer STTs are cheaper than the Mickey Thompsons.
    sir gerbo, any idea on the tread wear of both tires? they mickeys and coopers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
best at tires in the market?