New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Removed old strips of balance weight...Look how much RoadForce just needed....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    "...is it safe to assume that roadforce is correct and the other is wrong...?"
    devil's advocate.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 22nd, 2018 at 11:39 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "and we know for a fact that roadforce is correct and the other is wrong because...?"
    devil's advocate.
    It mimics how the wheels & tires are rotating under load. Note that it's spinning with a force-applying cylinder while it's computing for runout....unlike regular balancers where the wheel just spins freely.
    Roadforce has proven to remove the vibrations regular ones can't.
    Think dyno vs butt dyno.[emoji4]

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Mr Travajante, how much do the roadforce balancers cost per wheel?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    It's Php200 per wheel + weights here. My most recent visit was Php965 all 4 wheels. Well worth it.[emoji4]

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Try drive+ along panay avenue..P100 per wheel..P35 for each additional weights.. Free wifi..free drinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    not rf but still hunter

joker plan

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    there are only 1-2 shops that have this in the metro. as to pricing you can call them up. why the need for this anyways? persistent vibration?

goodyear timog. they use only hunter..

Dito ako muntik na mahulog. I was new to cars then having just learned to drive. They let me mount the car in position and I keep over correcting myself kada signal nung nagga-guide. Nung sinilip ko due to the worried face nung boy almost 1 inch or less na lang pala yung sa front passenger tire and only the rail guide sa kabilang side sort of saved me.

For being a proper tire center, sa kanila rin yung old school vulcanizing - yung pasak style. Experience ko pag ganun nagkaka-bukol din later on. So haven't been back at this SC for some time kahit ang lapit ko lang sa kanila.

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They remove the hidden vibrators that regular balance machines can't find, doc.[emoji4]
    Not only that...most tire shops in the US charge fixed balancing rate regardless of amount of lead strips applied. The RoadForce can dictate proper match-mounting to require the least balance weight...I've had mounting readjusted resulting in ZERO weight requirement a few times. Imagine the annual savings they get on those.

Here, the more unsightly weight strips added, the higher the charge. Bad for us, win for the tire shops.[emoji53]

Dito rin ako nagtataka sa mga tire boys ng mga shops. Tires have this orange and yellow dots/marks to align to the heaviest part of the wheel which is usually sa may valve stem yata for minimum weight strips. Kung tama ang pagka-mount just by that rule of thumb, minsan di na talaga kailangan ang lead strips or just bare minimum lang. As I see it, they usually just mount the tire and then compensate with weights later. Sa dami ng lead strips na dinagdag, I wonder if ganun ba ka-off ang manufacturing tolerance ng either the tire or wheel or both to require that much amount of lead weights? Surely may impact din ito sa FC.

Eto daw yung principle ng road force balancing:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    when did you have the vulcanize done? 10yrs ago? baka theyre using proper patch kits na..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Maybe just a year or so ago. But I didn't go through with the vulcanizing job coz that's the repair type that they're offering nga. Not sure if it's the same today.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    RoadForce sighting.[emoji3]

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Best place for steering&suspension alignment