New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mga masters, nagpapalit ako brake pads, then i drive about 25 kms in normal city driving, pag hinto, as a driver instinct hinipo ko yung mags, mainit sya as in hinipo mo yung mainit na baso ng kape, is it normal for a newly changed pads? tnx in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, as you use your brakes, the calipers become hot. The caliper radiate the heat to the wheels.

But if you suspect the brake pads are rubbing the rotor, you can take it to a mechanic to check.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    try ko tumakbo ng mahaba haba ........*ghosthunter thank you sir.......by the way..2000 corolla po un..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by habu28 View Post
    try ko tumakbo ng mahaba haba ........*ghosthunter thank you sir.......by the way..2000 corolla po un..
    I have a similar car. Brakes for this model Corolla do tend to run hot even in "normal" use.

If the car tends to swerve to one side if you let go of the steering wheel, it might be a sign that one brake caliper might be in need of servicing.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    i jacked it up then ikot ko yung gulong..ok naman, normal friction, wala naman kabig both in slight and hard breaking..
    nagkaroon lang ng lining yung disc kaya ko pinapalitan

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    normal lang na uminit kung caliper type ang brake. sa drum&shoe type, di dapat umiinit kung normal driving lang.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    lahat naman ng brakes ay umiinit.. ung friction generated from the constant grinding between two materials is transformed into heat..yun nga lang kung sobra2x sa init e abnormal na ata. at ung disc and drum brakes differ in their rates of heat dissipation.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ok na po mga sir, salamat sa mga feedback...kelangan lang pala tumakbo ng malayo eh. normal heat na yung mags........

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    It's normal it takes a week or two for the pads to settle in.

I had my pads replaced last month.
    During the first day, smoke was coming out of the system as the protective layer of the pads (for transport) burned away
    During the first 4 days, the wheels is so hot that i can't touch them after driving, it also smells like burning rubber after driving
    after 2 weeks, the smell and the light dragging of the brakes finally went away.

Just a tip, during the settling in stage don't press the brakes too hard nor rest on the brakes when stationary (use hand brakes). this is to prevent the hot rotors from being deformed and wrapping. Keep your journeys short (max 30 km) and don't go too fast for the first 4 days to prevent the brakes from becoming too hot.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hi.
    san ba nakakabili ng bendix brake pads for 1995 toyota levin/tueno AE111 superstrut, black top? contact details?
    Thank you.

bagong palit brake pad, uminit ang mags..