New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Can't recall the brand,but I saw a pressurized can you attach to your flat tire's valve and let it inflate the tire. Then you drive the car and let the contained sealant slosh around and seal the leak. I'm sorely tempted to buy one, as my 5 year old tire has become porous in many parts of the tread, and I'm losing air so I have to inflate weekly. Tire has no cuts and still has a lot of the tread rubber so I'm not inclined to replace it yet.

Does anyone have experience with this? Good or bad idea? Will it significantly change the tire's balance if used properly?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir ewan ko lang po .. but alam ko it acts only as a "first-aid" sa tire .. di talaga sya pang seal ng matagalan .. better ask the sales representative ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir medyo wala akong idea din diyan pero from how you explained it... it just a first aid (as s_quilicot said).

also if you have a 5 year old tire, even if it still have thick tread on it... its time to change na talaga. ang advisable is actually 4 years lang kasi rurupok na talaga yung rubber.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    pang first aid nga lang yan. pag medyo malakas singaw nde pa nga kaya eh..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just replace the tire. Tires have a 4 year lifespan. Expired na after 4 years. So time to change tires. As a stopgap measure, you can install an interior. It will prevent the air leaks but your tire may still fail due to the old rubber.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    We've used Slime the green stuff meron din kulay condensada for our atv's ok naman because atv's dont use large diameter tires and is used for trailing only. My friend used Slime in his LC nawala sa balance ung tires. It does a good job sealing leaks in emergencies but would be better to use the rubber tube instead for your car.

Anyone used a flat tire fixer?