New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I doubt quality coilover brands like Ohlins, KW, Bilstein even bothered to do the City. Tein perhaps. The FlexZs are EDFC compatible. Check the local Tein dealer, Riken Motor Sales on City-specific products.
    On springs, Swift does quality ones, even custom. Eibach(prokit over sportline), H&R, Tanabe, Tein(HTech, not STech) are good options. Check the respective F/R spring rates & drop to set your expectations. A mild drop & rates close to OE won't hurt.
    If you opt air, make sure you set your alignment at the height you intend to constantly run. Ignoring this will compromise tire & suspension life.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just to be on the practical side, it is better just keep the car in stock setup. No pun intended but making an appliance car look sporty just makes it ricey.

It is much better to get bigger rims (17") and putting on decent grippy tires. It will have a more positive effect on looks and performance.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just to be on the practical side, it is better just keep the car in stock setup. No pun intended but making an appliance car look sporty just makes it ricey.

It is much better to get bigger rims (17") and putting on decent grippy tires. It will have a more positive effect on looks and performance.
    Moddin' & practical....2 different worlds, bai!Any lowering spring recommendations?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Moddin' & practical....2 different worlds, bai!Any lowering spring recommendations?

Bai, if you want a sporty ride, then you should buy a sporty one in the first place. It is easier than buying an appliance ride and modding it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Bai, if you want a sporty ride, then you should buy a sporty one in the first place. It is easier than buying an appliance ride and modding it.
    Totally agree!Any lowering spring recommendations?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unsolicited advice.
    i'd look at my route first, to see if the lowered car will be able to traverse it.
    it is interesting to see lowered cars, traversing humps in a slow, diagonal manner.
    Thanks for the advise sir. My routes have less speed humps in Laguna, however, it's different when I am cruising in Alabang especially in Friendship Road.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Wow! I never thought that a lot folks will be replying to this thread. I've learned a lot. It should be a matter of decision making. Thanks for the heads up and advise of what will be the Pros and Cons.

Thank you all.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    My setup b4 was koni yellows and tanabe springs..circa 2000s, drop was 2.25in..last kong pina lowered was a 2nd gen 1.5 jazz with bilsteins, 1.25 drop all around.. now most cars have minimal fender gaps..just get bigger wheels, pero dapat same size ang buong wheels at tire combo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    mga paps, question. pag bibili ng lowering spring, universal na ba yun? and sa brand lang nag differentiate?
    or talagang may lowering spring model for a specific car?
    like . Tein for Altis 2005, Tein for Honda FD 2014, Lovell, Eibach for Vios, Maxspeed for Civic or etc. . . salamat

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko.bags View Post
    mga paps, question. pag bibili ng lowering spring, universal na ba yun? and sa brand lang nag differentiate?
    or talagang may lowering spring model for a specific car?
    like . Tein for Altis 2005, Tein for Honda FD 2014, Lovell, Eibach for Vios, Maxspeed for Civic or etc. . . salamat
    Brands have specific springs for certain models. However, vehicles from the same platform use similar springs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Any lowering spring recommendations?