New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ...and ok lang ba kun (for example) car is toyota...color pink ang kulay ng coolant(tubig), then nabawasan ng konti, and i'm going to use prestone coolant (color yellow ang tubig) ito pang dagdag hangang mag full yung level ng coolant reservoir?thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang basta parehong ethelyne glycol ang base. Nakasulat sa packaging ng coolant iyon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat ang ipapalit mong coolant eh pareho ng specified additives ng car manufacturer. The owners manual specifically states to never mix different types/brands of coolant.

the green and red/pink are dyes. However, all, if not most, coolant dyed green uses ethylene glycol and all coolant dyed red/pink uses dexcool. If any green mixes with red/pink it causes sludge to form, which is no good. So, whatever you decide to do, do NOT mix Subaru (green) with GM Dexcool (red/pink) or any other color.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to answer your original question:
    "ano mas mabilis mabawasan? brake fluid or coolant?"

Mabilis maubusan ang Coolant lalo na kapag nag A/C ka. I've filled my Coolant twice and havent filled my brake fluid, yet.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as far as i know.. you shouldnt be losing any brake fluid.... i believe the brake system is a closed circuit... hence if you are losing brake fluid... you have a leak somewhere.. from the brake lines to the master.... better get it checked. Yung MB sedan ko... doesnt lose brake fluid.. .change fluid lang every year.... now.. the wagon on the otherhand was losing fluid. Turns out (well i did know about it) that my brake master had a leak inside... so pinalitan ko.. eversince.. i havent even had the need to open up the brake fluid reservoir to fillup.

As for the original question.. well.. based on the above post... coolant syempre.... if you have red coolant.. i suggest you get the same coolant with the same properties... yung red coolant is available i think sa caltex.. pula rin ang coolant nila di ba? ewan.. di kasi ako naglalagay ng coolant sa kotse ko eh...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mabilis maubos ang coolant kasi exposed sa high temperature. hindi dapat nababawasan ang brake fluid kung nababawasan, may leak sa system.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ok...totally 100% ba ndi pwede mabawasan ang brake fluid kahit na konti?..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mababawasan din ang brake fluid pag nauupod na ang pads.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    medyo OT...sabi before dito sa tsikot eh you should use distilled water with coolant...eh may nakita ako na coolant sa pricesmart na 50/50 na and no water should be added...question is kung distilled ba yun pinanghalo nila dun or ordinary tap water lang?

thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [b]pdc2[b], yung 50/50 di mo na kailangang haluan ng tubig. Most manufacturers offers a no WATER needed. Manufacturers knows which water to be used on their coolant. So your question whether its distilled or not, simple answer is, they use the correct water. It shouldnt harm your radiator if the specs on the coolant label matches the collant recomended by your car manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ano mas mabilis mabawasan? brake fluid or coolant?