New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    matagtag padin.. tires sidewalls do stiffen when they age. but i think it could be your lower arm bushings. napalitan na ba?

l recently had my bushings replaced and I feel the bushings absorb some tiny bumps...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Hindi ko pa napalitan bushings, i'll have this check as well.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I ditched my stiff 45 ADrives for 40 AU04s. Imagine this, the latter w/ shorter sidewall has the comfier ride.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Naku, eto ang masakit. Medyo makapal pa naman ang tread ng adrives ko, kaso nga 3 years old na rin age. I'm thinking of trying to swap them with other tires just to check if the tires do contribute a lot to the stiffness, wag naman sana kundi yari nanaman ang budget haha

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Naku, eto ang masakit. Medyo makapal pa naman ang tread ng adrives ko, kaso nga 3 years old na rin age. I'm thinking of trying to swap them with other tires just to check if the tires do contribute a lot to the stiffness, wag naman sana kundi yari nanaman ang budget haha
    Was just sharing you 1st hand ADrive experience, sir. You may do trial swaps & get relative ride comparisons.Alignment after shock replacement? As for me, I now know they are to be avoided.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I had a 2008 Civic 1.8S and I also found the suspension a bit on the stiff side (using stock A.Drives).

What is the model of your 2006 FD? S? V? The latter had a 15-in rims with a taller tire profile. In theory, the V would be less stiffer than the S, all else being equal.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Was just sharing you 1st hand ADrive experience, sir. You may do trial swaps & get relative ride comparisons.Alignment after shock replacement? As for me, I now know they are to be avoided.

Actually sir medyo duda ko na rin talaga ay ang tires. I forgot to mention 26 PSI na lang nakalagay sa four tires, tsk . from 30, i deflated them to 28, and would you believe 26 na lang ngayon ay stiff pa din.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I had a 2008 Civic 1.8S and I also found the suspension a bit on the stiff side (using stock A.Drives).

What is the model of your 2006 FD? S? V? The latter had a 15-in rims with a taller tire profile. In theory, the V would be less stiffer than the S, all else being equal.
    Both 2006 and 2010 are S variants with stock 205/55/r16s, champiro for 2006 and adrives for 2010.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Would you think the springs may also be the culprit? Ang pinapalit ko lang ay shocks kase.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Would you think the springs may also be the culprit? Ang pinapalit ko lang ay shocks kase.
    It's not uncommon for manufacturers to source parts from different suppliers throughout the years the model is in production. So yes, that's possible.

Another reason would be, they do these changes intentionally to tweak the performance a bit or probably to work out the bugs that's usually discovered in the first batches of the model.

Is it safe to say that you no longer own the 2006 FD? If you still have it, you can try exchanging the tires between the 2006 and 2010 and see if the issue follows the tires or stays with the car. All I can say is, my FD also had the A.Drives and they were stiff. I did love them on the highway but is a bit uncomfortable on our city streets.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    On stock springs? Old 1s can sag & weaken. Unless coils are sitting on each other, it's unlikely. Installer might have tightened everything up while on jackstands, sir? If swaybar preload isn't relieved, ride can stiffen.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

Is it safe to say that you no longer own the 2006 FD? If you still have it, you can try exchanging the tires between the 2006 and 2010 and see if the issue follows the tires or stays with the car. All I can say is, my FD also had the A.Drives and they were stiff. I did love them on the highway but is a bit uncomfortable on our city streets.
    Sure enough sir the 2006 is already disposed. I'll try to look for trial r16 tires for testing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast