New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    good day masters, i have a mag problem. every 3 days i have to inflate my tire. i had checked it to the vulcanizing shop because at first i thought it got nailed but they said there was none rather had air comes out at the edge of the mag. they of course brushed it again with used oil and inflate it up.. but still...

anyone experience this kind of problem? is there any way to have it fixed than buying a new one?

thank you in advance...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by exoskeleton View Post
    good day masters, i have a mag problem. every 3 days i have to inflate my tire. i had checked it to the vulcanizing shop because at first i thought it got nailed but they said there was none rather had air comes out at the edge of the mag. they of course brushed it again with used oil and inflate it up.. but still...

anyone experience this kind of problem? is there any way to have it fixed than buying a new one?

thank you in advance...

if the leak is from a crack, determine the cause of the damage. if it was an inherent design or quality flaw, i would replace all of them. it is better to be safe than being paranoid about it. it is an accident waiting to happen, the question is not if it happens but when it happens

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    all 4 tires? how about using the spare for the meantime habang inaalam ang problema

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    no, not really... just 1 tire at the rear... the vulcanizer said that maybe it had been ran for awhile while having a low air pressure in it and made the mag hit an edge which enable some pressurized air inside to comes out. he told me use tube/interior with it to prevent from happening. but there is no noticeable crack or something where the air is going through, did someone here experienced had it fixed to a machine shop like aligning .. is there such thing as mag aligning?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ in my case may be different ...

na-gutter ko mags before so nagkaroon ng sharp edge that, if left for a long time, might damage the side wall of the tire. so pina-repair (nakalimutan ko na yung term) sa machine shop to remove the sharp edge

yung machine shop malapit sa Servitek Timog Av

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no, not really... just 1 tire at the rear... the vulcanizer said that maybe it had been ran for awhile while having a low air pressure in it and made the mag hit an edge which enable some pressurized air inside to comes out. he told me use tube/interior with it to prevent from happening. but there is no noticeable crack or something where the air is going through, did someone here experienced had it fixed to a machine shop like aligning .. is there such thing as mag aligning?
    The alloy wheel could be out of "true" ... like a mild dent. Or the inner lip of the tire could have a manufacturing defect where air finds a micro-gap to escape out... or the same with the alloy wheel where the powder coat left a bit of imperfection in the smooth surface for air to seep out.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    aligning or restoration or refurbishing yata term nila for the mag wheels.. di kaya sa pito nasingaw yung hangin?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    refurbishing... hmm ok i will try to go to a machine shop here in cainta... i think the air valve is good. i've seen it checked by the vulcanizer. thank you very much masters... hope it'l be fixed asap..