New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    notEworthy27, turning radius will be the same. what it would change is the 'time and effort' to turn your steering wheel.

is there a slightly larger diameter?
    I got confused with this question. I tried to rephrase it myself but the question still doesnt make any sense.

Did you mean to ask:
    is it slightly larger in diameter?
    is there any steering wheel which is slightly larger in diameter?

smaller diameter: faster to turn/steer
    bigger diameter: slower to turn/steer

To change the 'actual' turning radius of a vehicle, you will be needing an aftermarket Rack & Pinion assembly.

PK, pwedeng palitan kahit may SRS.

ako rin..mas comfortable hawakan yung momo kesa sa stock..
    di ko yata pwedeng sabihin to ah Momo stock steering wheel ko eh, pero the diameter is still too big. :waah:

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    just want to add:

smaller diameter: faster to turn/steer = less effort/arm torque to turn
    bigger diameter: slower to turn/steer = more effort/arm torque to turn

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by t35ticles
    just want to add:

smaller diameter: faster to turn/steer = less effort/arm torque to turn
    bigger diameter: slower to turn/steer = more effort/arm torque to turn
    I thought its the other way around, yes?

smaller diameter: faster to turn/steer = more effort/arm torque to turn
    bigger diameter: slower to turn/steer = less effort/arm torque to turn

Why? Look at those big trucks, bigger steering wheel=less effort to turn but it takes time to turn/steer.

A smaller steering wheel travels shorter in distance. Having said that, a 'greater force' (effort) is exerted over a shorter distance (smaller diameter.)

A 'lesser force' (effort) is exerted over a longer distance (bigger diameter) when the steering wheel is turned. (Big Trucks)
    Last edited by Karding; January 3rd, 2004 at 06:23 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe. We're confusing ourselves mga pre. Dalawa kasi yung diameter na pinaguusapan natin. The diameter of the wheel thickness and the diameter of the wheel itself.

Kards, ang lufet talaga ng Subaru mo Alam ko may nilalagay na resistor dun sa airbag circuit para hindi umilaw yung SRS light. I cant wait to have a Club4 again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah eh pk, pede ba yan OEM steering wheel mo sa strada ko?
    reserve kung pede pards

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede, kaya lang papa-reupholster ko na lang. Sayang din kasi yung Airbag pareng Kim. Nakita ko yung manibela ni Alfred, nagbago isip ko kasi ang ganda talaga ng workmanship, parang Momo yung stiching. Went there this morning kaya lang sarado.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A bigger steering wheel will turn the front wheels slower but will require less effort. Kaya nga nung araw higante ang manibela ng mga sasakyan kasi wala pang power steering.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to have a smaller steering wheel..when i replaced it with a MoMo Club4 parang nagkaron ng difference sa pagbalik ng turnsignal lever..i mean konting liko hindi bumabalik so manually ko na lang binabalik,unlike when i was still using a smaller steering wheel..is it the steering wheel or may iba pang nagalaw when i replaced it?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    A bigger steering wheel will turn the front wheels slower but will require less effort. Kaya nga nung araw higante ang manibela ng mga sasakyan kasi wala pang power steering.
    higante, :bwahaha:

hmmm, anyone has any issues like yamyam? parang weird na hindi na gumana ulit yung turn signal lever nya ah.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sir karding, i was pertaining to the diameter of the steering wheel hehe soory ang labo ko :D

hmmm.... hehe cge I'll go for the steering wheel whose diameter is a bit smaller than stock. hehe :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Aftermarket Steering wheel?