New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mga guru, ask ko lng po my car is honda city 1.5 vtec mt, nagpapalit ako ng front hub bearing kanina, while driving ive notice na naka on pa rin ang indicator ng abs at handbrake, malaking problema po ba ito? Kelangan ko p ba ipareset yung computer code ba yun, please need ur advise, thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Possibly:
    - something not reconnected (i.e sensor plug)
    - ECU reset
    - the hub you bought is not for an ABS equipped model.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka hindi orig ung nilagay na hub..

ibalik mo sa gumawa ..

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Replacement koyo brand po napakabit, i dnt know kung sa pyesa ang problema. Nagtry na din ako magreset ng ecu, i removed battery terminal but still abs lights stay on, mukhang hindi ngreset. Im planning to remove fuse pero di ko alam which fuse, please help eto po ang photo ng fuses ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Koyo is a good brand (and is actually an OEM manufacturer). Better check if the hub you got is for an ABS-equipped unit.

I used Koyo for the Vios of my in-laws. These were cheaper than the OEM Toyota hubs and were made in Japan unlike the Thailand origin of the OEM ones. I had to specify too that the unit was ABS-equipped as the ones for non-ABS vehicles are different.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    same thing happened to our monty a month or two ago. apparently it was a busted abs sensor.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A hub bearing for the Honda City that has an ABS sensor would look something like the pic below. The thing that looks like a cog gear (top portion) is the one that is sensed by the ABS sensor to tell if the wheel is turning or not.

If that cog is missing or is of the wrong material, dimension or geometry, you will get an ABS error.

Last edited by oj88; July 22nd, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    A hub bearing for the Honda City that has an ABS sensor would look something like the pic below. The thing that looks like a cog gear (top portion) is the one that is sensed by the ABS sensor to tell if the wheel is turning or not.

If that cog is missing or is of the wrong material, dimension or geometry, you will get an ABS error.

Same hub lng ang ginamit pinalitan lng ng bearing, wala syang gear like in the photo.
    Dinala ko sya sa casa honda cars san pablo, based on computer scan the problem is right abs speed wheel sensor, nagtry cla magswap from other car ng right hub still andun p rin ang error, kaya ang recommendation nila maghanap ng mhihiraman ng same sensor kung mgiging ok, kasi ang sensor pla is worth 7k+ , sinabi rin nila na wala nman epekto sa brake system ko, hayyy yaan muna...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    compare the tone rings by counting the number of teeth. also, check the continuity of the sensor. the gap between the sensor and the tone ring is set at 0.020". use the brass blade of the thickness or feeler gauge. the sensor is a magnetic hall effect sensor and the magnet might give you the wrong feel of the gauge drag across the gap

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sinabi rin nila na wala nman epekto sa brake system ko
    wala nga kung hinay-hinay lang ang pag-preno ...

ABS means Anti-lock Brake System ... gumagana lamang ito kapag biglang preno, para hindi mag-skid ang gulong, at maging mas maikli ang stopping distance

kapag disabled ang ABS at biglang preno, mag-lock ang gulong, dudulas sa kalye ang oto, mas mahaba ang stopping distance, kapag minalas bangga ang resulta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast