New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ARB
    there are some here, they use m/t on the rear and a/t or h/t sa front. they use it on their farms and they cannot afford to buy 4x4's or some in the construction business. pag 4x2 and may lsd and the driver is experienced it can go places that 4wd's can go to.
    i agree
    but even the most experienced driver siguro would say not ALL places.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    makes sense na rin, for traction purposes,

minsan kasi when i go to places with light goo, my rig can go thru it with my muds alone.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by dx8976
    vinj: do you remember what kind of a/t and h/t tires you used? how would you rate the difference in city driving comfort level between the 2?
    The a/t tires i had were Goodyear Wranglers and the H/T's are Pirellis. The difference i felt was with the transmission of road imperfections to the car, and road noise wherein i noticed it more with the Goodyears. The Goodyears also complained more on mountain roads but its hard to give a gauge on that as the H/T's i have are wider.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by crawdaddy
    sa tingin ko feeling 4x4 sila... I've seen a 4x2 Hilux with a lift. hehe ang panget!
    ouch!! ganyan kasi yung pick-up ko eh.

( di kaya ako yung nakita mo? kung blue na 94 ako nga yun! )

i've lifted my 4x2 hilux and fitted it with 31 R15 michelin ltx tires. i don't know about the others but necessity is my reason for doing it.

pero IMO, wag lang sigurong lagyan ng sticker na 4x4 ok na.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakita ko na rin yung mga lifted Hi-Lux. IMHO, there is a right way to do it.

Yung nakita ko sinagad ang suspension kaya panget. Halos walang down travel na after.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Tama. Any 4x2 pickup with a proper lift will perform better or at least be a lot more comfy in desert like terrain cuz of the possibility of increasing front wheel travel.

YUng 4x2 ng isa kong kapitbahay, isuzu lift ko kasi gusto niya mukhang 4x4. lifted it just enough to fit 31 inch AT's. mukha ngang 4x4. di masagwa tingnan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Originally posted by vinj
    The a/t tires i had were Goodyear Wranglers and the H/T's are Pirellis. The difference i felt was with the transmission of road imperfections to the car, and road noise wherein i noticed it more with the Goodyears. The Goodyears also complained more on mountain roads but its hard to give a gauge on that as the H/T's i have are wider.
    any particular reason you used wider hts?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would assume better on-road performance with the HTs(specifically in the handling dept.)... and it did.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pickup ko din feugo na 4x2 with bridgestone AT, may snorkel, na naka body lift...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RedHorse::: Does your ride happen to be color green?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
4x2 pick-ups with M/T tires