The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does it make sense?
    or feeling 4x4?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe the owner of that vehicle drives his pickup on occassional rough road sessions. It could help him prevent getting flat. But a much much cheaper option is to use an All-Terrain tread tire.

Hindi lang yan ang nakita ko, roaming around the metro a black L200 Endeavor model with Safari snorkel! I guess his primary reason are the floods that he encounters?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there are some here, they use m/t on the rear and a/t or h/t sa front. they use it on their farms and they cannot afford to buy 4x4's or some in the construction business. pag 4x2 and may lsd and the driver is experienced it can go places that 4wd's can go to.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Marami naman kasi dyan gusto porma lang. Kahit 4x4 na naka MT tires di naman ini-offroad ni ayaw nga maputikan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron samin 4x2 na Frontier. Naka-ARB bullbar pa with Dunlop Grandtreks tapos AR Wagon wheels. hehehe.

Pero Toyota naglabas dati ng Tacoma 4x2 with rear diff lock and suspension lift.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, A/T's would be more feasible in most cases. I used to have A/T's on my Frontier 4x2 then i switched to HT's when i wore them out. The on-road performance is very OK but i feel the difference when i'm climbing something or am driving on some muddy road in Batangas. I'll definitely be switching back to a/t's the next time around... or maybe i'll find a nice 2nd hand Frontier 4x4 someday.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    vinj: do you remember what kind of a/t and h/t tires you used? how would you rate the difference in city driving comfort level between the 2?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    opinion ko, okay lang (naka MT tires) kung talagang ginagamit sa maputi ng lugar pero kung hindi naman (kung japorms lang) I think its ricey.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    MT's on 4x2 why not. Usually it's called a prerunner. Hey, a skilled driver can get a 4x2 quite far. I'm not saying I'm skilled, just good tires and rig, but most of you know I'm Mr. 2H go go go diba. Porci clinic for example. the only time I was in 4 low was when Mrs. Bubbles was driving.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa tingin ko feeling 4x4 sila... I've seen a 4x2 Hilux with a lift. hehe ang panget! and dito sa village namin may old 4x2 Nissan pickup na may snorkel and bullbars... sakit talaga sa mata... bad trip pa madalas ko nakikita.

but meron din dito black na 4x4 Frontier with snorkel, MT's, lifted but never ko pa nakikitang puro putik, or kahit slightly dirtly lang...

and I know a family who owns this convenience store near our place na may Safari & Vitara. yung Safari may snorkel din, slight lift, MT's and yung Vitara naka AT's lang. but when I asked the owner of the Safari kung san sila naglalaro/trailing sabi sakin wala daw, "japorms lang" daw (exact words na yan, at least aminado siya! haha!)

but willing naman sila pumunta sa mga clinics so next time baka isama ko sila...

hehe medyo na-OT ba?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
4x2 pick-ups with M/T tires