New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sayuri View Post

BUT, when on standstill, it drinks fuel like a dehydrated car!

just my observation. :-D
    weirdly. i get the yellow low fuel light when im stopped in traffic. thrice already. hahaha.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks for your replies. Atleast all the answers from the owners are nearly 10km/l mark. Curious lang ako kasi baka same lang sila ng fuel consumption ng forester 2.0 since they both have tghe same engine displacement. i read that the 2.0 forester is only doing 5 to.6 km/l in city.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dough jones View Post
    Thanks for your replies. Atleast all the answers from the owners are nearly 10km/l mark. Curious lang ako kasi baka same lang sila ng fuel consumption ng forester 2.0 since they both have tghe same engine displacement. i read that the 2.0 forester is only doing 5 to.6 km/l in city.
    forester is bigger and heavier. you need to push engine more to make it go. unlike an XV thats smaller and lighter.

its also the reason that swayed me away from the forester 2.0 and went with xv instead.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Subaru XV premium
    Color: DGM
    Dealer: SUBARU ALABANG
    Delivery Date: June 20, 2012

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    i wonder why puro alabang yun nakikita kong Subaru. it's kinda weird cos my agent told me that they (Fort) had priority..

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi! buko4, I got my XV yesterday, bale 1.5 months waiting, my agent (MIKE) told me that they have 1 XV premium satin white pearl on stock, maybe you can check it out!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sayuri View Post
    i have been using my xv for quite awhile now. my route is skyway and the busy traffic of makati almost everyday. my fuel consumption? 9.6 liters/100kms (roughly around 10.42 KMS per liter).

when i used it going to san juan batangas, my fuel consumption was 7.7 liters of fuel per 100 KMS (12.98KMS/liter of fuel)

for a 2.0 engine, XV is economical. mas malakas pa nga uminom ng fuel yung 1.6 accent ng wife ko eh.

BUT, when on standstill, it drinks fuel like a dehydrated car!

just my observation. :-D
    You get 10 km/L because you pass the Skyway. That's more of mixed driving than what is generally considered as pure city driving. No doubt, the XV can reach those figures when mixed with highway driving. Also, have you tried manually computing your FC? You should try it at least once to gauge if your MID's reading is more or less accurate, or is wildly off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dough jones View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the conditions where Forester owners get 5-6 km/L aren't the same as where the XV gets 10 km/L.

Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    forester is bigger and heavier. you need to push engine more to make it go. unlike an XV thats smaller and lighter.

its also the reason that swayed me away from the forester 2.0 and went with xv instead.
    The Forester 2.0 weighs 1485 kg, the XV weighs 1430 kg. 50 kg won't make a huge difference in FC.

That said, I'm pretty sure that the XV still gets better FC than the Forester, because it's got CVT. In the case of the Altis 2.0, changing from the 4-AT to the CVT gives gains of over 1 km/L in the same city driving conditions.

But 6 km/L vs 10 km/L? BS.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    we are planning to have an eb/gtg this coming saturday the fort/mckinley hill area. probably in the morning. please pm me your numbers so i can send you sms invites. open for all xv owners.

:-D

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    do you have his number? thanks bro
    Quote Originally Posted by IWS View Post
    Hi! buko4, I got my XV yesterday, bale 1.5 months waiting, my agent (MIKE) told me that they have 1 XV premium satin white pearl on stock, maybe you can check it out!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Subaru XV 2.0i Premium
    Color: Dark Grey Metallic
    Dealer: Motor Image Greenhills
    Delivery Date: March 21, 2012

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subaru XV registry