New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    REPOSTED FROM CAR MAGIC THREAD

As promised, here are the photos and results of the service by Car Magic.
    First, here is a photo of the dent and damage on my XV:

Attachment 21656

Then here are the step-by-step procedures of Car Magic's tin smith, dent repair and paint job:

tin smith and primer:
    Attachment 21657

sanding and shaping:
    Attachment 21658

what dent?
    Attachment 21659

Total number of hours worked: 10am-4pm (including 1 hour lunch break)
    Home service: Yes
    Number of personnel: 2
    Total cost including all labor, materials, transportation and taxes: P5,800.00
    Satisfaction Rating: Excellent, Highly Recommended
    Remarks: You must know the exact paint code of your car to make sure of 100% match for the finish

Yes, this is more expensive than what my contribution would be using my comprehensive insurance (P3,000). However, the casa would take about 1 week of work while this took the whole day in the comfort of home. It's worth it, in my opinion. I would only use the casa if the waiting period was 3 days or less.

Anyway, they are very professional. They arrived at the time they said they would, and they didn't stop working until it was all done (except for lunch break). Contact number of Car Magic: 0920-903-9099 (Butch Salvador)
    I am not related to any of the owners, partners or staff of Car Magic. I don't know anyone there personally, except for the workers who I met today. This is not a paid or sponsored endorsement. This is just a simple review from my own experience.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    But I think the insurance and/or casa route may have made sense since you can insist on change of panel considering it is a brand new unit.
    My colleague's XV was also involved in an accident. The insurance was in house MI so they replaced all the panels including the whole front passenger door and front mags. XV was less than 3 months.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^I went to the casa first and the participation fee with my in-house insurance from them was P3,000. And it would take a week or more. I don't know about you, but I only have that one car right now, and I can't wait one week or more just to get that done, much less three months. Iiwanan mo ng ganun katagal doon which means you need another ride for the duration, and sorry po I don't have an extra car to substitute for it right now. :-) Under my circumstances, using Car Magic was the best option. Buti kamo merong ganyang option for me or else hirap ako ngayon magbyahe.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^Buti rin if they could offer me a temporary ride while they repair. But no, they don't give a temporary vehicle sa casa while they repair it. The casa route is great if you have a second car you can use in the meantime.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    How did they make an estamate or qoutation for the job, do they have to come over to check personally or send a photo via email?.. I have a 20 cm long dent on my fozzie's front bumper, no visible scratch on the paint just a dent.. If the price is below or equal to the participation fee, i would instead use the car magic service rather than leaving my car with them for 5 days.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Nice review, very helpful

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dblackswan View Post
    How did they make an estamate or qoutation for the job, do they have to come over to check personally or send a photo via email?.. I have a 20 cm long dent on my fozzie's front bumper, no visible scratch on the paint just a dent.. If the price is below or equal to the participation fee, i would instead use the car magic service rather than leaving my car with them for 5 days.
    Thanks!

Di ba kaya ng pdr yan?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dblackswan View Post
    Thanks!

I emailed them a photo of the dent and the car from different angles and then they gave me a quote based on those. It was a very fast process. And the repair is definitely a more conevnient solution if the price quoted is equal to or not much higher than your participation fee. :-)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks! Will have mine done by them soon..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Wow! nice work!
    Pwede po malaman kung anong code yung paint? Same po tayo ng color. might come in handy pagkinailangan na... nagiipon pa ng mga scratches yung sa amin.. - ouch!
    TIA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subaru XV dent repair, tin smith and repainting via Car Magic: A Review