New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Its a good buy for 1.9M more civilized than the Evo from what I read, if your willing to import the parts. BTW are we talking about a brand new WRX here? Last time I check its above the 2M mark.
    yeah its brand new... do you guys know anyone who owns an impreza?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would take an Impreza any day Kaso sourcing parts locally is a b1tch! Erpats ko kasi may Scooby Legacy, and ultimo brake pads kelangan pa nameng bilhin from the US. Pero ang masasabi ko lang is matibay ang Subaru. One of the best cars we've owned. So kung may pera ka naman, and you're willing to spend on maintenance, then okay na okay ang Impreza WRX for you!

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    I bet you its a good car. But I'm just not quite sure how fast you can go on Manila streets when it is all traffic :question: . I really doubt if you can do justice of how fast the car can achieve when you drive it on the perpetually busy traffic of Manila. But of course, if you drive thru the freeway all the time, that would be great!

But if you are ardently passionate about driving cars that can go hypersonic speeds, then go for it! It is one of the undeniably inimitable cars on the road I can think of...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    1.9M for the WRX? is that the STi version?

Car & Driver Feb 2005 issue compared the WRX STi with the Evo MR. Prices are:
    EVo MR, base: $ 36,074
    WRX STi, base price: $ 32,870

1.9M is cheap for an STI considering that the Touareg cost about the same and i believe it is sold back there for P3M+(?)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I had the chance to buy a WRX again, it would be the STi.

WRX 5-speed tranny = brittle and notchy even after 12,000 miles. And you have to constantly pray that your tranny will engage in reverse easily without the clanking/grinding sound, nakakahiya sa parking lot

Just my opinion and my own experience and not reading magazines. And yes, the tranny is a known problem with Subaru, except for the 6-speed STi tranny.

edit:

PhP1.9mil (PhP600K ba ang tax?) = If so, its approx. $25K which sounds about right for a WRX. Pero kung STi nga, mura na.
    Last edited by Karding; March 18th, 2005 at 02:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    1.9 M divided by 54 = $35,185.185. Im a subbie fanatic but I think there's injustice in it. I got my sti for only 30,000 plus tax BUT that's an STI. But if there's no issue on the dollars ...well go for it. I was able to test drive the wrx hundred times before i decided to get the STI and the only deciding factor was the safety ( braking, front and rear differential ). Am not saying that WRX brake system is a crap. The fact that the 2.0 has a better and higher rev factor which makes more fun to drive. And don't worry about the reliability, this is my third SUBARU and i can say it was built to last ( just don't forget to change the oil) . In 2004,The Most Reliable Car Overall was SUBARU according to CNN business/cars section edging HONDA to second place.And you guys think it's Mercedes or Toyota , right.
    By the way, check this out...autolink.ph.com i saw a couple of brand new WRX that cost something like 1.8? and a pre-owned 1997 for 500k?
    Good Luck.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow, 2004 Most Reliable na pala ang Subaru, its about time. I know previously that year, Subaru suffered in reliability survey.

imprezawrxsti, out of curiousity...what previous Subarus have you had?

Do you have the GG or GD chassis? Because STi's in North America has a 2.5 engine on it.

Am not saying that WRX brake system is a crap
    You can safely say that, hahaha. I had to replace mine with 4-pot and a slotted rotors along with a bunch of suspension mods from whiteline bushings to 22-24mm adj. swaybars.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK 1.9m is just the WRX. From the dealer. STi is around 3m.

The scooby would be a nice car, and reliable... as long as you don't go to GM for service.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    1.9M afaik late WRX yan or else get the new facelift...wrx has long freeplay suspension strut w/ 205/60/16 which is more supple/cushion ride than our regular compaq sedan, practical as daily driven .. and can manage 0-100KMH in sub 5.7sec and 235kmh++max

for gray RX8
    for practicality accord 3.0..>>hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the Scoobie! You won't regret it. You can go to ERL or Fusion R for servicing if out of warranty na.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
subaru wrx