New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Wakanga! Nawala Toyota nun sa WRC, sumunod Mitsubishi ngayon Subaru na. Magiging all European car show na ang WRC. Well...except for the Ford team. That is, if Ford Motors doesn't "hit the bottom of the pail". With the kind of financial situation facing Ford at the moment, hindi malabo sila sumunod.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Probably Ford will go out next.

Sayang naman ang Subaru. There are only two competing teams in WRC, Subaru and Citroen. Mga saling-pusa lang yung iba.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

Sayang naman ang Subaru. There are only two competing teams in WRC, Subaru and Citroen. Mga saling-pusa lang yung iba.
    Subaru has been doing rather badly. They haven't won a race since 2005. It ranked #3 in 2008, behind Citroen and Ford.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    That's a thought!

Honda quit F1
    Suzuki quit jWRC
    now Subaru quit WRC.

What else???
    Audi quit the American Le Mans....

Im not kidding....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    You're probably right. I suspect that Fuji Heavy is probably in better financial shape than Ford.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hajabah View Post
    dang.... I'm a teen and a diehard fan of Subaru... when I get my first car with my own money, its gotta be a Subaru for the rally-esque EDSA.... Now that they're backing out of the WRC.... whaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call me OA if you want, pero napaluha ako doon ah... and that, personally, is a hard thing to come by....

my day is now ruined...... and the week, and the year... not a very good piece of news to hear at the end of the year.....

This is the last news that I would ever want to hear, family and friend involvements aside.

We Subaristas can only hope FHI goes back into rallying once the turmoil is over.... the new hatch was showing hope, then they back out....
    damn, teen ka lang!? swerte mo naman tapos teen lang XD
    well, yeah.. its hard to finish kahit 3rd lang. pero out of 6? ang alam ko 4 lang manufacturer na naglalaban laban dun ngayon. ford citro suzu suba. what was the other team? BTW, i think lugi rin naman kasi subaru kung ang citro's car was producing 320bhp. correct me if im wrong pero ayun talaga ang nabasa ko. pero ayos lang din as long as nahahandle ng ford at suba yun kalabanin.

*testament11
    wala po mitsu pati toyota. for the peugeot? i dunno. pero parang hindi kasama yun sa wrc. baka sa ibang division i think? pero nagtataka lang ako bakit sinama sa sega rally 3 yung peugot na blue sa wrc lang mismo? i just played it yesterday and to my surprise, bakit merong peugeot!? pero that's a good idea sir ha! r35 for the WRC! mmm nice!

*roberto_minosa
    suzuki quitted wrc yata, not on the jwrc?

*Horsepower
    pano nyo po nasabi yan sir? wasn't ford a force to deal with? kasi ang nangyayari na was ford at citroen na lang ang parang naglalaban laban eh (which sucks) kasi silang dalawa lang agawan sa mga trono while habang ang suba eh hirap makapasok sa 1st place uli

sayang ang future ng hatch. di man lang din nasubukan ng todo abuso just like the previous units. well kung magbabalik man sila, sana eh yung newer model na agad *grin smile*

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ito yung standing this 2008 Season

1. Citroen- 191 points
    2. Ford- 173 pts.
    3. Subaru- 98 pts.
    4. Stobart Ford (privateer)- 67 pts.
    5. Suzuki- 34 pts.
    6. Munchi's Ford (privateer)- 22 pts.

http://www.wrc.com/index.jsp

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    damn, teen ka lang!? swerte mo naman tapos teen lang XD
    well, yeah.. its hard to finish kahit 3rd lang. pero out of 6? ang alam ko 4 lang manufacturer na naglalaban laban dun ngayon. ford citro suzu suba. what was the other team? BTW, i think lugi rin naman kasi subaru kung ang citro's car was producing 320bhp. correct me if im wrong pero ayun talaga ang nabasa ko. pero ayos lang din as long as nahahandle ng ford at suba yun kalabanin.
    Yes, teen lang ako... should be getting license soon (not in the near near future, but soon enough)

Anyway, back to the topic, may mga privateer pa eh.

320 bhp yung Citroen? diba capped at 300 bhp mga WR cars? o de lugi talaga Subaru, pati Ford. 20 bhp, from what I can comprehend, a lot of power when in a sport as precise as WRC with all the sliding and climbing.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I guess, WRC is now a Euro league.

APRC will be the asian league where subaru is gunning for a 4-peat against the japs and koreans.

Paano na ford?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I guess, WRC is now a Euro league.

APRC will be the asian league where subaru is gunning for a 4-peat against the japs and koreans.

Paano na ford?
    sad nga eh...

buti pa sa APRC, may silbi mga research ng Subaru sa rallying.

mawawala din yan balang araw, pati siguro the sport itself. Sayang. Its more entertaining than F1 pa naman. :crying:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast