New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    ^I'm at a little less than 1,600 km actually, but i brought it in because it's a slow work day for me pag next year, busy sked na ulit.

took me about 2.5 months. MI didn't force me to bring the car after a month - but when I had it checked after my tire mishap, they reminded me that I could now do the 1,600km check.

for subsequent PMS, i'll probably follow the 7-8 months (instead of 6), rather than 10,000 km rule, because it will take me over a year to get to 10,000kms.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for the quick reply!

How long did the 1,600 km PMS take?

Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    ^I'm at a little less than 1,600 km actually, but i brought it in because it's a slow work day for me pag next year, busy sked na ulit.

took me about 2.5 months. MI didn't force me to bring the car after a month - but when I had it checked after my tire mishap, they reminded me that I could now do the 1,600km check.

for subsequent PMS, i'll probably follow the 7-8 months (instead of 6), rather than 10,000 km rule, because it will take me over a year to get to 10,000kms.

2.5 hours. Arrived 8.30am and it was ready by 11, including car wash.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ^ Cool! Thanks!

I can bring it in in the morning and pick it up at lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    I also hear brake pads in MI is expensive (P7k++ for 2 front wheels) , can we buy any generic brake pads as a replacement? Bendix etc?
    When I attended an EB once, most of the people there said they use aftermarket brake pads. IIRC, these are cheaper and better. But you need to go to those shops which have experience with Subarus of course.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I had my 1600 PMS today. Very smooth transaction! Left the car at 1PM and picked it up at 5PM.

They washed and vacuumed it for free as well

I had the rattles in the dash fixed. They appear to be gone now. Will do more testing this week.

Thanks to Jerold my SA for the great service!

Oh and they used Motul HTECH 0W20 and gave me the excess bottle. Now I only need to get 5 bottles next PMS.

Did you specifically ask for the excess bottle or was it handed to you without you asking for it? Can you post cost as well? Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Did you specifically ask for the excess bottle or was it handed to you without you asking for it? Can you post cost as well? Thanks!
    Hi April_Ryan,

I asked if they would use up all 6 bottles as I know the Forester only needs 5.2 to 5.4 L. That was over the phone with some other SA. But when I talked to Jerold, he was more than happy to say that the excess bottle will be placed inside the car when I pick it up. Do you remember who your SA was?

Cost was the same as yours, P5,304. Check with your SA, I believe they use Motul for all current model Foresters instead of Castrol Edge. They only indicated Castrol Edge in the receipt but they actually use Motul. That's what Jerold said anyway.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Whew. If the CRV 40K PMS cost about 19K (per Starex Gold) and the Montero 4x2 gas cost 24K (per jodyola13), the 25-30K quote for Subaru is not too bad. Still higher than usual, but not markedly so.

Is this really the norm for A/T cars? I think the highest PMS I ever had to pay for my 8 year old RAV4 SV(M/T) was 14,000 at the 40,000 km mark. Hahaha! That seems so low in comparison. I guess that means that I should brace myself for a fairly high bill for my 80,000 km PMS (and I'm around 3,000kms away).
    80k pms of the montero costs 32k, including timing belts and etc etc. haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    Hi April_Ryan,

I asked if they would use up all 6 bottles as I know the Forester only needs 5.2 to 5.4 L. That was over the phone with some other SA. But when I talked to Jerold, he was more than happy to say that the excess bottle will be placed inside the car when I pick it up. Do you remember who your SA was?

Cost was the same as yours, P5,304. Check with your SA, I believe they use Motul for all current model Foresters instead of Castrol Edge. They only indicated Castrol Edge in the receipt but they actually use Motul. That's what Jerold said anyway.
    Jerold was also my SA. Didn't research before having my 1600 PMS done so I wasn't aware of and didn't ask for the extra unused oil. However, when I used to have my old car serviced at Speedyfix, SOP nila to leave the unused oil in the car without me asking for it. Not happy with MI about this Also, it makes no sense to indicate Castrol in the receipt and then use Motul. I will be more vigilant during my next visit.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Subaru PMS Costs