New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Good day!

Anyone here who are owners of their Subaru Outback?

What's your year model and how is the overall ownership experience?

Were there any electrical issues or other problems encountered that are not a discouragement for other tsikot readers like me who plan to own one soon(dreaminggg)?

How is the drive experience as well? Do you think you could plan to keep it around atleast 10yrs?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickandrei01 View Post
    Good day!

Were there any electrical issues or other problems encountered that are not a discouragement for other tsikot readers like me who plan to own one soon(dreaminggg)?

How is the drive experience as well? Do you think you could plan to keep it around atleast 10yrs?
    What year are you looking at?

Better join the Subaru Club Philippines in facebook.

I didn't see too many problems with the outback in the group.

Most of the major problems I saw with newer subaru vehicles in general is the problematic electric steering rack and the ones equipped with CVT, the CVT fluid mixing with the coolant in the radiator (due to radiator's age).

Minor issues usually yung bushing sa control arm madaling masira. But its not expensive to fix.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickandrei01 View Post
    Good day!

Happy with the latest model so far, we got it late 2021, only 1 model in pinas.

9K km after 1.5 yrs so far and no complaints, you just have to adjust to its safety features as it keeps on reminding you. Its very comfortable for long drive (which my family will choose to drive over the CX5 and CRV going for a long weekend, main purpose why we got it), nvh and seats is great, passenger can sleep soundly and comfortably.

You have the comfort of a midsize sedan and never to worry about ground clearance as its close to PPV. AWD for a wagon is a plus factor for me, well planted. Tried it at 170-175 kmph and its stable ( not into speed but just have to try the car once in a while).

It has the features of an almost self driving car, tested the features with care in skyway stage 3 (winding road) and it did very well. It will always remind you after a few secs to put your hands on steering wheel.

Its bigger in dimension as compare to the ppv’s (fortuner, montero), you have to get used to it when you park it hehe.

We have pets, trunk space is a plus as they travel with us on long weekend Subaru Outback Ownership.

Steering responsive headlights is another good features for night driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    One guy is having rotten luck with his Outback's CVT:
    My Outback Is Always Out of Comission! What Car Should I Buy?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    One guy is having rotten luck with his Outback's CVT:
    My Outback Is Always Out of Comission! What Car Should I Buy?

a toyota.
    heh heh.

Subaru Outback Ownership