New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Since my 2018 Subaru XV is now out of warranty, where is the bets place to have it maintained? Obviously, I will not go with the casa anymore as they're way overpriced for the services they offer. I still have engine oil to use. What else do I need to buy and prepare before having it serviced outside? And can I get away with every 10K Km PMS interval instead of the suggested every 5K Km by Subaru themselves?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Where you located sir? What’s the odometer reading of your XV?

For starters, you would surely need FS oil (preferably 0w20 viscosity as required by the FB20 engine). You can use 5w30 also. Check Lazada for Amsoil FS oils. You would also need an oil filter and cabin filter.

I just do one change oil every 12 months since 2018 as I don’t go over 10k km in 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Where you located sir? What’s the odometer reading of your XV?

For starters, you would surely need FS oil (preferably 0w20 viscosity as required by the FB20 engine). You can use 5w30 also. Check Lazada for Amsoil FS oils. You would also need an oil filter and cabin filter.

I just do one change oil every 12 months since 2018 as I don’t go over 10k km in 12 months.

I'm from Taguig. The odometer reading is around 39.5K Km now. If I remember correctly, my last casa PMS was at 33K Km last June 2020. So I don't pack on kilometers a lot too, especially during this pandemic.

I use Zic X7 5W-30. I still have some leftover from before but I already bought a new 6L one for this next round of maintenance. I just replaced my cabin filter with a K&N Q2 of last year so no need to replace that. As for oil filters, which one do I need? I don't have a clue.

Ok. I guess I can follow your 12-month rule too. For other things that need replacement, should the mechanic from wherever I bring my car to be able to check those?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Bring it to FusionR in QC. You can also buy the oil filter from them. Since you’re at nearly 40k km, it would be advisable to have the CVTF changed and also the gear oil. You don’t need to do the dialysis method of CVTF change, drain and refill will do.

Regarding cabin filter, just check it. If it is still clean, you can change it next year. You can replace that on your own time.

Check the air filter if it needs replacement. You can do this also on your own time.

Have your brakes cleaned and check your pads if they need replacement. I had my front pads changed at 30k km.

How are your tires? The stock tires on my XT only lasted 36k km.

Last edited by Egan101; April 26th, 2021 at 01:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I'm from Taguig. The odometer reading is around 39.5K Km now. If I remember correctly, my last casa PMS was at 33K Km last June 2020. So I don't pack on kilometers a lot too, especially during this pandemic.

I use Zic X7 5W-30. I still have some leftover from before but I already bought a new 6L one for this next round of maintenance. I just replaced my cabin filter with a K&N Q2 of last year so no need to replace that. As for oil filters, which one do I need? I don't have a clue.

Ok. I guess I can follow your 12-month rule too. For other things that need replacement, should the mechanic from wherever I bring my car to be able to check those?

Have you changed your CVT fluid? If not, it's time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Bring it to FusionR in QC. You can also buy the oil filter from them. Since you’re at nearly 40k km, it would be advisable to have the CVTF changed and also the gear oil. You don’t need to do the dialysis method of CVTF change, drain and refill will do.

Regarding cabin filter, just check it. If it is still clean, you can change it next year. You can replace that on your own time.

Check the air filter if it needs replacement. You can do this also on your own time.

Have your brakes cleaned and check your pads if they need replacement. I had my front pads changed at 30k km.

How are your tires? The stock tires on my XT only lasted 36k km.

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Have you changed your CVT fluid? If not, it's time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    1. I don't think I had my car's CVTF replaced yet. Does FusionR have CVTF and gear oil too? Or can I buy my own to make it a bit cheaper just like with engine oil? And I just tell them to do drain and refill if they offer the dialysis method, correct?

2. For oil filter, does it have to be OEM?

3. If the cabin filter is dirty, I can clean it. The K&N is advertised to be a "cleanable" and non-disposable filter anyway.

4. How do you know if the air filter needs replacement? Too much dirt on it?

5. How do I know if my tires need replacement?

I apologize in advance. Obviously, I'm a super noob with cars and this is my first one.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    1. I don't think I had my car's CVTF replaced yet. Does FusionR have CVTF and gear oil too? Or can I buy my own to make it a bit cheaper just like with engine oil? And I just tell them to do drain and refill if they offer the dialysis method, correct?

2. For oil filter, does it have to be OEM?

3. If the cabin filter is dirty, I can clean it. The K&N is advertised to be a "cleanable" and non-disposable filter anyway.

4. How do you know if the air filter needs replacement? Too much dirt on it?

5. How do I know if my tires need replacement?

I apologize in advance. Obviously, I'm a super noob with cars and this is my first one.
    1. FusionR sells CVTF and gear oil. I think they carry Mitasu and Amsoil for the CVTF. For gear oil, they carry Redline. For the usual 40k CVTF change interval, they recommend only drain and refill method which uses 6L of CVTF. For the gear oil, the front uses 1.5L while the rear needs 1L. I spent around 10k for the CVTF and gear oil change plus labor at FusionR.

You can always buy online but the price is about the same as what you will pay at FusionR.

2. FusionR sells the usual oil filter as those used in dealerships. The price is also the same, around 600. You can source online as it may be cheaper. You can also look for Amsoil or Wix oil filters that matches the requirement for the FB20 engine.

3. I haven’t used K&N filters but they say you can clean/reuse them. You can source online for JS or some other brand.

4. I change air filter every year, the same as the cabin filter. They are not that expensive anyway.

5. Check online for tips on How to gauge thread life of your tires. If the depth of the threads are nearly gone, then change your tires. Since your odometer is nearly at 40k km, it’s good to change those tires already.

Again, you need to have your brakes cleaned and change the brake pads if needed. I would recommend Brembo NAO pads. Aftermarket dealers offer them at a price lower than what the casa will charge you.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    1. FusionR sells CVTF and gear oil. I think they carry Mitasu and Amsoil for the CVTF. For gear oil, they carry Redline. For the usual 40k CVTF change interval, they recommend only drain and refill method which uses 6L of CVTF. For the gear oil, the front uses 1.5L while the rear needs 1L. I spent around 10k for the CVTF and gear oil change plus labor at FusionR.

You can always buy online but the price is about the same as what you will pay at FusionR.

2. FusionR sells the usual oil filter as those used in dealerships. The price is also the same, around 600. You can source online as it may be cheaper. You can also look for Amsoil or Wix oil filters that matches the requirement for the FB20 engine.

3. I haven’t used K&N filters but they say you can clean/reuse them. You can source online for JS or some other brand.

4. I change air filter every year, the same as the cabin filter. They are not that expensive anyway.

5. Check online for tips on How to gauge thread life of your tires. If the depth of the threads are nearly gone, then change your tires. Since your odometer is nearly at 40k km, it’s good to change those tires already.

Again, you need to have your brakes cleaned and change the brake pads if needed. I would recommend Brembo NAO pads. Aftermarket dealers offer them at a price lower than what the casa will charge you.

Will I also need to change brake fluid?

I just had a conversation with Fusion R and they told me that the only available brand for CVTF and gear oil is Motul and I know right off the bat that it's expensive. So I've decided to buy my own fluids.

Do you have any recommendations for a good quality and cheaper CVTF and gear oil alternative?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How about Autoline? Can they also do a proper CVTF drain and fill?

Mura na yang 10k. Casa estimates are 20k+ IIRC.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Will I also need to change brake fluid?

I just had a conversation with Fusion R and they told me that the only available brand for CVTF and gear oil is Motul and I know right off the bat that it's expensive. So I've decided to buy my own fluids.

Do you have any recommendations for a good quality and cheaper CVTF and gear oil alternative?

You should change brake fluids every 40k to 50k km. Madali lang ito ipagawa.

FusionR used Mitasu when I had my CVTF fluid changed back in 2019. They charged me 750 per liter and they used 6L. I guess same lang price range ng Mitasu sa Motul. For gear oil, 3L were used. Nasa 800 to 900 ata per liter yung gear oil.

As per checking, you can also use Amsoil CVTF or Mag1 CVT for Subaru CVTs. They would be around 750 to 850 per quart so better buy 7 to 8 quarts. A quart is less than a liter. For gear oil, check Redline. All these you can buy at Lazada.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast